Xbox One is designed to be always-on for 10 years

? Not sure how? I am just trying to understand why you would throw away a device since it wasn't because of the graphics being out dated since it was never not out dated from its very conception.

Because nobody around is pretending like PC gaming isn't ahead of console gaming when it comes to graphics.  If he said he threw it out because the graphics were outdated, it was in the context of console gaming and has nothing to do with PC gaming.

I wouldn't keep it always on anyway, even in a standby state mostly due to the thunderstorms we have out here in Texas.

Hopefully the very low power state remains under acceptable use as outlined by the European Commission as well.

? Not sure how? I am just trying to understand why you would throw away a device since it wasn't because of the graphics being out dated since it was never not out dated from its very conception.

Seems like you're just trying to argue. I don't play PC games, and my xbox games seemed to be lacking on the graphics side, so I threw it out when I bought my MW2 edition xbox.

I wouldn't keep it always on anyway, even in a standby state mostly due to the thunderstorms we have out here in Texas.

Hopefully the very low power state remains under acceptable use as outlined by the European Commission as well.

My fuse box got replaced when I bought the house nearly two years ago and has a massive surge protector that should stop anything, I also got a separate one for my phone line after my modem blew this spring.