Jeremy Renner Set To Return In Another Instalment of 'Bourne'

1375473952.jpg

The Bourne Legacy wasn't a huge hit with critics or at the box office, but it did do well enough to warrant a sequel according to Deadline! Universal have apparently hired Sherlock Holmes scribe to pen the fifth instalment of the franchise, but this one will continue the story of Jeremy Renner's Aaron Cross. While it's fair to say that there are plenty of stories they can tell with the character, most fans have been hoping that any future Bourne movie would in fact feature Jason Bourne! However, it doesn't sound as if negotiations with Matt Damon about a possible return are any different from the last we heard. He wants to work with director Paul Greengrass again and isn't sure where the character could go after regaining his memory in The Bourne Ultimatum. For that reason, the studio are now forging ahead with a series focusing on Cross.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=84738

I didn't mind it. The worst thing about it was the ending which felt like it should have been half an hour longer at least.

Oh yes, and if it had a script that made sense and flowed with the Bourne Trilogy backstory, then it would've been great. But it didn't. And it was frankly bad. Just a lot of Jeremy Renner popping pills and running around.

I didn't mind it. The worst thing about it was the ending which felt like it should have been half an hour longer at least.

My wife and I just watched this a couple of nights ago, and when it ended, I just kinda sat there.  It didn't feel like an ending.  But then, the rest of the movie didn't feel like much was happening either.  I guess they were consistent.  :huh:

Oh yes, and if it had a script that made sense and flowed with the Bourne Trilogy backstory, then it would've been great. But it didn't. And it was frankly bad. Just a lot of Jeremy Renner popping pills and running around.

Still, coulda been worse.  :rofl:

Totally agree! :yes:

Renner just doesn't do anything for me, plus I think that series was best left a trilogy.

agreed, the trilogy felt concluded/complete on its own and now it doesn't have the same effect anymore

I thought it was rather good, it tied into Bourne's time line but he didn't die and what I want to see is both of them meet up at some point down the road, it would make no sense not to.

After Robert Ludlum's death the Bourne series was allowed to be carried on through the Ludlum Library.  Since the original three books ghost writers have pinned at least three more books in series in the past decade.  So Jason Bourne though older is still going forward.  The "Bourne Legacy" (the book) brings his supposedly dead son back to life, hence, he is looking for Jason to kill him for leaving him, and his mother, along with sister to die (the mother and sister are still dead). . .hopefully you get the picture.

So though older, it would appear that Mat could still carry on with the movies if they had someone who could do the writing of the script some justice, and a director who could bring it to life in a good way. . . :)

So, they make a terrible movie that everyone hated and they have decided it needs a sequel? Sounds to me like that movie studio needs new management.