Airborne Tractor-Trailer Bursts Into Flames

A fiery crash in which a tractor-trailer went airborne before crashing and bursting into flames was caught on camera in Indiana.

The crash occurred Thursday afternoon along a portion of highway near Greensburg, Indiana.

In a video posted to YouTube, the tractor-trailer can be seen flying over four lanes of traffic near an exit before crashing and bursting into flames. The video was captured by the dashboard camera of another tractor-trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi8EzvjeeCk&feature=youtu.be&t=3m20s

The driver of the semi, 30-year-old Ryan Young, of Kentucky, swerved to avoid hitting another vehicle that drifted into his lane, causing the crash, Indiana State Police officials told local ABC affiliate RTV6.

The fire was caused by the impact of the crash, which tore off the truck's fuel tanks, according to police.

Young's 7-year-old son was a passenger in the tractor-trailer at the time of the crash. He suffered only a few scratches while Young suffered minor head injuries, according to RTV6.

Both were taken to a local hospital for treatment.

source

Wow,  just saw this.  I travel that road just about every Thursday afternoon when my wife and I go have dinner with her father.  Glad to see that no one was seriously hurt.