A good beer for itself (y)

A good beer used to make chili (y)

A good beer used to steam sausages (y)

A good beer used in fish & other batters (y)

Etc.

And people have been making it for at least 9,000 - 10,000 years. Some say 15,000.

I'm not much of a beer drinker. Takes too much just to get me going, and that's only if I haven't lost interest by then. Usually end up feeling bloated and awful, which makes for a bad time if I'm out with ladies. I try to be a nice guy whenever I head to a social outing though, and bring at least a 6-pack to compensate for my tolerance. My favorite so far is probably Negra Modelo.

On the harder liquors:

Jack and Coke never goes good for me. I'd much rather have Jack by itself.

Rum on the other hand I have to mix, preferably with Gingerale if anything.

Tequila is one of my favorites, as it's easy going down and allows me to stay in a good state all night without going overboard. :)

SOME US beer sucks. That is such a stupid generalization.

And this is just a stupid comment seeing I said local brewery and micro brews are the best.  Those are domestic.  Seems most didnt have a problem knowing what I meant.

I'm not much of a beer drinker. Takes too much just to get me going, and that's only if I haven't lost interest by then. Usually end up feeling bloated and awful, which makes for a bad time if I'm out with ladies. I try to be a nice guy whenever I head to a social outing though, and bring at least a 6-pack to compensate for my tolerance. My favorite so far is probably Negra Modelo.

On the harder liquors:

Jack and Coke never goes good for me. I'd much rather have Jack by itself.

Rum on the other hand I have to mix, preferably with Gingerale if anything.

Tequila is one of my favorites, as it's easy going down and allows me to stay in a good state all night without going overboard. :)

I go for the 8%+ alcohol content beers.  Normally around 10 percent tho.  As for mixed drinks...I like crown/pepsi or amaretto and pepsi.  Dont like drinking the stuff straight.  Used to like Captain Morgan  But years ago, I chugged the stuff in a drinking bet and having touched it since.

How are they getting there numbers? are they getting all the numbers from all the craft breweries out there? people are switching to their local craft brews which might not be giving out their numbers.

I believe the primary reason for this is that Charisma is now a wine drinker..

LOL, alcoholic beverages are like children. You don't stop loving one just because you add another >.>

Craft beers ftw :D  and a good Belgian white or German Hefeweizen is just unmatched sometimes...

American craft brews are amazing. Stone, Russian River, High Water, Altamont Brewing, Cali Craft Brewing, the list goes on forever. The US beer which is horrible is the larger brewers like Anheuser-Busch. Total garbage.

This. US craft beers from local and micro breweries are amazing. It's the national watered down crap that gets publicized and all beers from the US get labeled under. Such a shame. 

LOL, alcoholic beverages are like children. You don't stop loving one just because you add another >.>

I trade mine in for new ones, every so often.

This. US craft beers from local and micro breweries are amazing. It's the national watered down crap that gets publicized and all beers from the US get labeled under. Such a shame. 

The only good use for the watery domestic beers is getting hammered as cheaply as possible.  And I guess extending a beer pong marathon all night.

Another reason beer sales might be down is because all 50 states are now legalized for home brewing.  Brewing 5 gallon batches of simple beer is pretty cheap.

if micros getting be as macro, would the taste deteriorate as well ?

It's possible. There have been a couple of our local micros that went not to macro but to midsize without much of an issue, but they did it by expanding the number of small distilleries not making bigger ones.

The region between Ann Arbor and Detroit Michigan has is a sh**load of small, and very high quality, microbreweries so competition is fierce and demands that high quality be maintained. It's virtually a beer candy store, and there's an annual Detroit Summer Beer Fest in June where they show, sample and sell their goods. Over 60 area brewers took part this year.

• Like 2

It's possible. There have been a couple of our local micros that went not to macro but to midsize without much of an issue, but they did it by expanding the number of small distilleries not making bigger ones.

The region between Ann Arbor and Detroit Michigan has is a sh**load of small, and very high quality, microbreweries so competition is fierce and demands that high quality be maintained. It's virtually a beer candy store, and there's an annual Detroit Summer Beer Fest in June where they show, sample and sell their goods. Over 60 area brewers took part this year.

Looking over at New Belgium and Sam Adams, I don't think we'll have an issue with that.

For the wine drinkers, try La Floire by New Belgium. Its a bitter beer brewed in old wine casks, tastes like a chardonnay had a delicious child with a hefeweizen or whitbeer.  

Distilleries aren't used for beer. :/ Distilleries are used for making spirits and liquors.

I tend to agree that these numbers are skewed. In the past few years, there has been a country wide boom in micro and nano breweries which a lot of these are probably hard to find consumption statistics for.

Micro/craft beers pretty much everywhere seem to get positive praise. Are there any crap micro/craft beers? Or is this just one of those things were people feel cool and trendy because they drink a craft beer?

Micro/craft beers pretty much everywhere seem to get positive praise. Are there any crap micro/craft beers? Or is this just one of those things were people feel cool and trendy because they drink a craft beer?

I've had plenty of crap or just average micro/craft beers. I've also had some omfg this is amazing give me more.

New Belgium is one of those that fall into the just average rating. Dogfish is hit or miss. They tend to do some weird ass beers. Some are great. Some are just bleh.

That's a fair question, I suppose.  I've had several microbrews that I don't really care for but are popular enough that liquor stores keep stocking them.  I'm sure that there are some crappy ones out there produced by someone with tons of $$ to burn who just wanted their name on a label.  But craft beers are usually made by fans of good beer, and therefore are by nature going to be of a higher quality.  Plus, in order for a craft beer to become big enough to actually make it in to a store, it has to pass under a whole lot of peoples' noses.  So they have to be pretty good to even get going.

Distilleries aren't used for beer. :/ Distilleries are used for making spirits and liquors.

>

Poor choice of words on my part - how about small tuns & coppers, and therefore small batch sizes? I speculate that where a lot of breweries go off the rails is in the batches being so large that they're hesitant to toss a marginal one. That and just lousy recipes, often just too bland.

I HATE BEER because it makes me run to leak too quickly! But if I could have any beer with some good taste to it, it would be the beer brewed by Gordon Biersch fresh and given in a large glass jug! We have a brewery closeby in Burbank  :D

I live in Northern IL and work in Southern WI.  So I am close enough.  Arizona had some really good micro brews as well.

Never got to much into wine.  My sister on the other hand....

I'm hoping you mean your sister likes wine...

<just kidding>

• Like 3

&amp;amp;nbsp;

Agreed!! Michigan, California, Mass., and a few other states have GREAT micro-breweries, FAR better than Budweiser or the other crap in the coolers. Some restaurants here have even started brewing their own and selling small batches to their customers. Of the imports I like various Mexocan, German and Japanese beers, but 95% of the time it's area micro-brews.

&amp;amp;nbsp;

Whats worse than domestic USA beer? Imported USA beer. Seriously. The budweiser sold in stores around my place (2000KM from USA boarder) is vastly different than the budweiser sold in local liquor marts throughout the USA. I can stand the USA stuff, I cannot find a means to keep down the imported USA stuff. Yep. They take something already terrible, make it worse, and sell it for 3x what it goes for in the USA ($43 for 24 355mL cans last I checked). Gotta love Canada!

Not a beer drinker, i'll have wine or straight shots/drinks :)

My German friends will probably pump up the levels when they come over again. I swear these women can drink like a fish!

maybe it's just a coincidence, but they can also suck like a hoover

&amp;amp;nbsp;&amp;amp;nbsp;

Whats worse than domestic USA beer? Imported USA beer. Seriously. The budweiser sold in stores around my place (2000KM from USA boarder) is vastly different than the budweiser sold in local liquor marts throughout the USA. I can stand the USA stuff, I cannot find a means to keep down the imported USA stuff. Yep. They take something already terrible, make it worse, and sell it for 3x what it goes for in the USA ($43 for 24 355mL cans last I checked). Gotta love Canada!

well, that's got to do more with the US domestics that are "imported" aren't even brewed in the United States. Look at the label, "imported" US beer is being brewed by Molson and Labatt's

Coors Light is brewed by Molson

Budweiser is brewed by Labatt's. On Labatt's website, Budweiser and Bud Light are considered a National Domestic with other Labatt's national brands such as Blue, Wildcat, and Alexander Keiths.

http://www.labatts.com/brands/nationalbrands.php

here's the kicker, Labatt's also claims the Budweiser is Canada's best selling beer. It's amusing they claim that since the majority of people I see at the Beer Store and picking up Coors, Molson, Keith's, or actual imports like Heineken and Corona.

The famous Budweiser beer. Canada's best-selling beer. Labatt knows of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age. The company's exclusive beechwood aging produces a taste, a smoothness and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price. Budweiser is Canada's best-selling beer and has been brewed and distributed by Labatt since 1980.

I suppose it's cheaper to license the name and turn it to **** than to actually import a beer from the United States.

Budweiser brewed in the US is far superior to the Budweiser brewed up here.