Cannot finish Starcraft 2 install

I am nearly done installing Starcraft 2 "Wings of Liberty" from a DVD.  I was unable to authenticate due to intermittent problems connecting to US.BATTLE.NET

Patching seems to be done, screen reads "Applying Patch 1 of 24" then an error "Failed to open a required file" BLZPTS0000F

I followed the Blizzard help, unable to complete this install, no matter what.  I am so annoyed at this.  Why is there no option to get patches of games, MMOs in particular by P2P ??

Are you able to download SC2 from Battle.net? All of Blizzard's installers include P2P options IIRC.

From the sounds of the error, it's not the patch that is corrupted, it's the install of the game. Double check your disc for scratches etc and/or reinstall from the start if you can't download it.

I presume this is the Blizzard Support article you followed? https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZBNTBTS0000F

Yes, I was following the Support Article.

My disk has no scratches and I am unable to get the game client to install, likely due to the game being installed by DVD already.

Yes, I was following the Support Article.

My disk has no scratches and I am unable to get the game client to install, likely due to the game being installed by DVD already.

You could uninstall the existing install, register online, and download the client from BattleNet.  (That is how I will likely proceed with the next game in the SC2 cycle - unpack the game ONLY enough to grab the key/register online/download the new bits via BattleNet/repack the DVD and put it into a safe.)

Probably the same problem blizzard tends to have with their WoW discs a leg percentage of them will give just that error at meme point during the install. You can fix it by copying all the files to HDD and install from there, or just install from battle net.

Their disc pressed company really sucks.

I'd say just download the full game via their web site, you won't save much bandwidth from installing from the DVD anyways. It's what i did to install SC2 after my last format.

I uninstalled, and attempted four times now to install Starcraft 2 by digital download, but even the full game hits me with the same error.

Digital Download does not even get past 1 % after downloading for 8 hours.

post-253536-0-95573700-1376065770.jpg

Have you tried turning off your firewall?  Any modifications to your hosts file?

What sort of connection do you have?

I uninstalled, and attempted four times now to install Starcraft 2 by digital download, but even the full game hits me with the same error.

Digital Download does not even get past 1 % after downloading for 8 hours.

Found this:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8569149081

The last post says:

I found a solution!

Within the game clients downloads menu, they give an option for which worldwide region's version of the game client to download. I picked "English (EU)" and it worked. Then when I start up starcraft, you can change the region back to "America" before you log in and begin playing.

woot.

I have disabled the firewall, opened the router NAT and disabled Avast Anti virus (which I hate doing)

That same evil damn error always shows up.

I have disabled the firewall, opened the router NAT and disabled Avast Anti virus (which I hate doing)

That same evil damn error always shows up.

Did you try the link I posted?