Networks Eyeing

zvqqv8a5

As we mark the 40th anniversary of William Friedkin?s horror classic The Exorcist this year, a TV series take on William Peter Blatty?s best seller is brewing. I hear Morgan Creek, which has the rights to the property, is shopping an Exorcist drama series penned by hot young feature writer Jeremy Slater. I hear there is interest in the project from broadcast and cable networks. Roy Lee, executive producer of The Departed and The Ring, is set to executive produce. Last year, Morgan Creek and Lee shopped an Exorcist limited series project with a different writer, Sean Durkin. I hear Slater?s is a brand new take on the material. On the feature side, UTA-repped Slater penned the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot and has been tapped by Warner Bros. and David Heyman to adapt graphic novel Fables.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/networks-eying-the-exorsist-tv-series/#more-559232

• 4 weeks later...

If done properly with a decent enough actress on the right cable network (FX, AMC), this could be great! I'm thinking somebody like Mischa Barton might be a good choice. Has done TV before, decent enough actress, has been in The Sixth Sense and other scary movies. They won't have a huge name, so someone like her or maybe Elisha Cuthbert would be a good choice. Assuming they are sticking to a female character being possessed. I would definitely watch it! Really surprised someone hasn't tried to make The Ring into a scary, CW type show. They could call it 7 Days or something. That would be good!