'Sharknado' sequel title revealed

3X8VE.jpg

The Twitter-verse has spoken. And Syfy listened.

The cable channel asked fans to pitch names for the Sharknado sequel.

The winning title is rather perfect. Here it is:

Sharknado 2: The Second One.

?Since Twitter played such a huge role in the success of the original movie, we wanted to use that platform to ask our fans to name Sharknado 2,? says Thomas Vitale, executive vp of programming at Syfy.. ?This response is another reminder of how Sharknado has become a pop culture phenomenon. We want to thank all our viewers for their wonderful contributions to keeping up the shark-mentum.?

The title was selected by Syfy from more than 5,000 submissions via Twitter.

Sharknado 2: The Second One, which like the social media smash original film will be produced by The Asylum, arrives July, 2014.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/08/sharknado-sequel-title/

Really? They went to the fans to come up with a title and they ended up with "The second one"? Wheres the facepalm emoticon?

• 3 weeks later...

Clever.  /s

Also, WHY? We didn't even need the first one. There's a sequel to this garbage?

This whole thing can be summed up in one image:

jiFfM.jpg

Thing i don't get is why people actually watch this kind of garbage and make out it's a good film, the cgi is probably the poorest I've seen in a film and why the hell is Tera Reid in this, washed out actress i know. But this is the icing on the cake :p

Thing i don't get is why people actually watch this kind of garbage and make out it's a good film, the cgi is probably the poorest I've seen in a film and why the hell is Tera Reid in this, washed out actress i know. But this is the icing on the cake :p

You don't watch these movies because they're good. You watch them because they're terrible. Cheesy movies are sometimes fun to watch, if only for the act of making fun of it while watching. (Mystery Science Theater style)

• Like 2

I've tried to watch a crap film from this company that does these sort of films and 20mins i turned it off lol

• 2 months later...

Obviously never seen Birdemic. Sharknado's CGI is positively God-tier in comparison.  :rofl:

O yes i forgot to see this one lol Yes you are right that is the worst in history of CGI lol

And Rappy!! Number 2 lol i knew they were working on it but the pic LOL

Is the first movie one of those flicks that you have to watch while drunk?  Or is it a lost cause either way?

I don't think there is ANY substance on this planet that will make it watchable. :laugh:

OMG the movie poster is so much win! The first movie probably gather a couple of buck of profit, but they don't mention that! They mention the number of tweets and viewers (not sure if cinema, most likely some obscure TV channel passed in the midnight) it had! Hilarious!

• 4 months later...

People get too serious about this kind of stuff. It's harmless garbage you watch to mock and groan at with friends.

*points* it... it says...

it says "Shark Happens"

omg I can't even

:laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

• 3 months later...