[U.S.B. Drive]Exclamation marks

Hello again.

My previous problem with my daughters computer I fixed.

I purchased restore disks from H.P.

Spent all of yesterday reinstalling everything.

Problem.

The U.S.B. HD drive worked perfectly fine yesterday.

Overnight I installed piles of windows updates.

They finally finished 04:00 today.

After booting the U.S.B. drive didn't show up in my computer.

I noticed exclamation marks on the device in hardware.

The drive does work as it works on another computer, tried and tested.

See images of problem below.

post-66351-0-50433500-1376213486.png  post-66351-0-61386900-1376213509.png  post-66351-0-87839300-1376213521.png

Thanks in advance for any help getting the U.S.B. drive working again.

I only come and post when I have done everything I know of and searched the net for answers.

So to answer your question, YES!

Tried it on another computer should be a good clue.

Update.

One reply, not good.

I did a system restore, however the cause seems to occur when windows updates tells me to install .net 3 .5 updates.

Then that is when the problem happens.

Any ideas why is occurs?

It's saying there's an error with the digital signature. Considering that USB drives work from Windows internal drivers, it sounds as if there's a problem with Windows. Could be a corrupt file, registry entry (or both).

Do you know if this problem happened straight after a format?
After reading the question again - seems as if a Windows Update has damaged something. If you installed a pile of updates that took that long to install, it could be difficult to find which one caused the problem. It may be quicker to reformat, if a system restore doesn't help.

I only come and post when I have done everything I know of and searched the net for answers.

So to answer your question, YES!

Tried it on another computer should be a good clue.

No need for that, I was only trying to help, and I did read

The drive does work as it works on another computer, tried and tested.

Which is why I concentrated only on device management on the computer the drive is glitching on, the only thing I can assume is there's something wrong with the update for .net 3.5, if after uninstalling that particular update the drive works, then there's your problem. As for why it's doing that, I do not know.

What I am going to do is a system restore again.

Then post the windows updates it requests that cause the problem.

I will install .net 4 updates from my u.s.b. key.

If it is the same problem, then I can't understand why, as before my daughter ballze'd up her operating system and then I did a system restore, never had this problem.

Post back later, thanks for replies.

O.K. the drivers highlighted in the first post with exclamation marks are as follows.

U.S.B. to ATA/Atapi bridge driver

DCP-375 CW

USB Disk

I will try removing the DCP-375 driver and reinstall (Borther printer b.t.w. if you didn't know).

The other drives are for inserting a U.S.B. key into front panel and a 1tb hard drive I run via a U.S.B. caddy.

Hello,

Have you looked around AMD's web site to see if newer device drivers are available for your motherboard's chipset/USB support?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I think the real problem is a fault in the operating system.

The drivers have the signed certificate, however, Microsoft say the're un-signed.

I have done everything in my 36 years of experience with home computers, from the ZX81 days to now.

I will find another channel to try fix the problem, if I do will come back and put solved and explanation.

Try this at a elevated command prompt (Run CMD.EXE as Administrator).

sfc /scannow

takes a while, reboot after and see if the issue is fixed.

SOLUTION FOUND.

Problem was, which I should had noticed firstly was, two drivers competing for the same work.

See below.

post-66351-0-49174500-1376391827.png

So with the help of visiting, C:\Windows\System32\drivers I found the circled driver USBSTOR.SYS and with the help of unlocker

moved it to desktop and delted it.

Now everything works fine.

Thanks for everyones input!

The Driver file details are correct. It is normal to have mutliple drivers per device. 

I have attatched some examples from my system. All the devices is my system are working correctly including the USB Mass Storage.

Did USBSTOR.SYS get restored automatically? It is not a good idea to remove windows drivers, could cause further problems.

post-61951-0-87663500-1376403768.jpg

post-61951-0-35487900-1376403776.jpg

The Driver file details are correct. It is normal to have mutliple drivers per device.

I have attatched some examples from my system. All the devices is my system are working correctly including the USB Mass Storage.

Did USBSTOR.SYS get restored automatically? It is not a good idea to remove windows drivers, could cause further problems.

Thanks for the reply.

Microsoft Windows 7 HP x64 downloaded the file and replaced it back in system32.

Thanks for the advice.