TNT's 'Mob City'

FZg8.jpg

TNT has released the first sneak peek at its 1940s-era period drama Mob City, from former Walking Dead showrunner Frank Darabont.

The series ? which at various times in development was called L.A. Noir and Lost Angels ? stars Walking Dead?s Jon Bernthal as an ex-Marine now working as an LAPD cop in an era rampant with police corruption.

Neal McDonough (Justified) plays police chief William Parker; Gregory Itzin (24), Robert Knepper (Prison Break) and Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes) co-star.

The project, based on John Buntin?s book L.A. Noir: The Struggle for the Soul of America?s Most Seductive City, is set in the 1940s and tells the true story of a decades-long conflict between the Los Angeles Police Department, under the determined leadership of Parker and ruthless criminal elements led by Mickey Cohen (Jeremy Luke, Don Jon), a one-time boxer who rose to the top of L.A.?s criminal world.

Darabont wrote and directed the show?s pilot and is an executive producer on the series.

Mob City bows Wednesday, Dec. 4, at 10/9c.

http://tvline.com/2013/08/13/mob-city-season-1-video-gray-hats/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This seems to be right up my alley! Seen you tweeting about it and it caught my interest. I'll be watching the first episode over the weekend.

This seems to be right up my alley! Seen you tweeting about it and it caught my interest. I'll be watching the first episode over the weekend.

Yeah 2 episodes aired last night, was really cool. Walking Dead cast everywhere! haha

Yeah 2 episodes aired last night, was really cool. Walking Dead cast everywhere! haha

Yeah, I've noticed that too XD Good thing that a few series are going to have their mid-season stop. Means I'll have time for this and finally time for Almost Human!

Question.

Why did the detective kill the comedian?

Because he was bringing his ex wife into all the mob bother

I thought the mini series was really good, I hope it returns

Because he was bringing his ex wife into all the mob bother

I thought the mini series was really good, I hope it returns

See, now I'm confused. I thought the girl the comedian was talking to was his and they were going to run away together?

That girl is the cops ex wife?!?

See, now I'm confused. I thought the girl the comedian was talking to was his and they were going to run away together?

That girl is the cops ex wife?!?

How much have you seen? The cops ex is who the comedian was seeing