Sandra Oh Leaving 'Greys Anatomy' After 10 Years

520b8f19d0c1c.jpg

The doctor is out.

Sandra Oh has decided to leave Grey?s Anatomy when her contract expires at the end of the ABC hit?s upcoming 10th season, TVLine has confirmed.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, which first broke the news, Oh said, ?Creatively, I really feel like I gave it my all, and I feel ready to let her go. It?s such an interesting thing to play a character for so long and to actually get the sense that she wants to be let go as well. [Cristina] wants to be let go, and I am ready to let her go. We have to start the process, story-wise, for the Grey?s writers to think of why she?s going to go.?

Series creator Shonda Rhimes, meanwhile, promises Cristina will get ?the exit she deserves.?

Oh is one of six Grey?s actors facing expiring contracts in May. Fellow ?originals? Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, Justin Chambers, James Pickens Jr. and Chandra Wilson will also be deciding their GA fates in the coming weeks and months (Pickens? may be decided for him in the season premiere, when we learned if Richard survived the finale).

?I spoke to [ABC Studios] and asked really clearly that I know sooner rather than later,? Rhimes told TVLine last month. ?Last time they kept me guessing up until almost the last minute, which was really stressful. This time I asked to know much sooner, so that we could plan for it.?

http://tvline.com/2013/08/13/greys-anatomy-sandra-oh-leaving-cristina-yang/

I figured it's enough now, they've run the show and it's been awesome but time for something else.

Shonda did Private Practice which was put to rest after 5 seasons, could have gone on a bit more but yeah. Good way to end.

Now she's also got Scandal on TV which is the new hottest show after Greys is gone. This is what she needs though, create something else that's on FIRE and keep it fresh and TV will be good again.

My first significant exposure to Sandra Oh was opposite Don McKellar in the 1998 Canadian end of the world flick "Last Night." Very good flick and performance. Hope to see more of her.

First time I saw here she was playing the part of a stripper in some movie I can't remember the name of.  Nice shots of her butt is all I remember actually.

First time I saw here she was playing the part of a stripper in some movie I can't remember the name of. Nice shots of her butt is all I remember actually.

Dancing At The Blue Iguana (2000), with Daryl Hannah and Jennifer Tilly.

Dancing At The Blue Iguana (2000), with Daryl Hannah and Jennifer Tilly.

Yup, I remembered it after I posted that, didn't do a edit though.