Is it wrong for men to wear socks with shorts in the summer?

• 7 months later...

I've been experimenting with different kinds of socks over the past several months because I was able to find them really cheap. A lot of discount stores sell 6 pack Hanes socks for only $4-5. At that kinda price, why not try them out?

Well, here's my conclusion. Ankle socks seem to be ok. They're still higher than I expected, but they're not bad. Low cut socks are much better cosmetically, especially when wearing shorts. Now, no show socks..... oh dear me, they keep slipping off inside my shoe when I walk. I try to pull them up higher, but they can't be pulled up any higher. Errrr. They may be ok for maybe 10-20 minutes of walking, but eventually, they will slip off inside my shoe and it's not easy to just stop in the sidewalk, take off your shoe, and pull up your socks in public. And depending on how rough my sneakers are, my heels get blisters because the no show socks are so low, my heel is exposed and the back of the shoe rubs and rubs my heel as I walk. Another frustration.

So, my pick would be low cut socks. They're low and nicer looking, especially when wearing shorts and they don't slip off like no shows do. I probably should have made the switch to low cut or ankle socks a long time ago because all my life, I've always folded my crew socks in half when wearing them since I found it too uncomfortable to be wearing them at full length. It's just that I grew up in the 90s when crew socks were the trend and it's just what I got used to wearing.

What if I wear shorts in Winter? Is wearing socks a big fashion no-no then too?

What is fashion when it comes to shorts anyway. Pharell has the answer.

post-76060-0-15814400-1396385351.jpg

I wear white socks and flip flops and khaki shorts.  I once got hit on.. so I think it's safe to say that nobody really minds the combo.  I do it to protect my feet.  Never again will I walk the shores barefoot.  (I used to cut my feet on broken shells ALLLLLLLLLLL the time).