Mac users: What is your primary browser on OS X?

Neowin Mac users: What is your primary web browser on OS X?

For me it's Safari, Main reason being the native UI. Also, it's (imho) just as fast as Chrome etc. 

Safari. I prefer to use native apps whenever possible - plus I quite like the simplicity of it.

I've also been giving the 6.1 preview a try - which has a much improved "top sites" page.

Chrome, everything is chrome, every device, every machine. 

Like the plugins, the speed and the syncing between devices, perhaps if apple carried on developing safari on windows i might still use it, but i doubt it.

I have been using Chrome way long before I had a Mac, so when I switched to the other side some years ago, I kept using Chrome. 

You know Safari + iCloud does that right? :)

Assuming you only use Apple products. Chrome is available and can sync between almost every platform (extensions / history / settings / autofill / tabs - not just bookmarks like iCloud for X).
  • Like 2

Assuming you only use Apple products. Chrome is available and can sync between almost every platform (extensions / history / settings / autofill / tabs - not just bookmarks like iCloud for X).

Exactly . I have a mac mini and a dell windows machine as my work PCs, and iPad and iPhone as my mobile devices and a windows laptop at home.

Firefox Nightly. Safari is meh, Chrome is ok but I'm not a fan of how Google (and previously Apple) handled standards compliance, and Opera used to be good but is now just a "Chrome shell"

Chrome does it for me. I have FireFox installed too, for sites that need java or just don't function correctly, such as my timecard site. It just doesn't work in chrome, and I like getting paid. 

Up until a few days ago I was using Chrome on my Hackintosh but seem to be running into a problem with it freezing the whole system. I switched to Firefox the other day, and I'm getting on with that fine - and no freezing.

When I buy a proper Mac soon (when the MBP's are refreshed) I may well go back to Chrome :) 

I don't use the Hackintosh often, but when I do it's running Firefox. Not a fan of Safari, and seriously dislike Chrome. Favorite browser, keeping it consistent across the systems.

Safari.

I did use Chrome, but when the latest MacBook models came out with the HD4000, Chrome had an issue with hardware acceleration and it would randomly kernel panic repeatedly. Took them more than a few days to fix it so I went back to Safari.

I am really loving Safari on the mac and want to use it more, but I use Windows machines all day at work and all my tabs/sessions/favorites, etc are all saved in Chrome, so when I get home and get on the mac I use Chrome as well just because I can pick up where I left off. 

I would use Safari more if I could sync things better with my windows machines

Iron Browser... which is Chrome without the botnet.  I have firefox installed cause our firewall likes it better.  I have safari for anytime Apple streams a keynote or similar video from one of their presentations.  

I use FireFox, I have no real need for syncing and as far as speed i could care less,

my major factors for firefox are certain plugins and the NASA nightlaunch theme

Safari.

Since it shares (or used to share) Chrome's engine, it's pretty much the same when it comes to speed. And Webkit is the best engine out there since its existence.

Safari's native interface though makes it much more responsive than any half-assed application Google can come up with.