Trader Joe's Wants to Shut Down Pirate Joe's

Weirdly (or not), you can buy Trader Joe's food off of eBay. Their Christmas cookies go for like 4x the price online once they're out of the stores.

Personally I have a hard time believe the guy is making much money doing this, considering he has to buy all of their stuff at cost, plus transportation and owning a storefront.

Maybe they should start selling in Canada too since it looks like there's a market for it.

Yeah -- why doesn't Trader Joe franchise out stores to Canadians, make more profits, and quit the complaining. ;)

Yeah -- why doesn't Trader Joe franchise out stores to Canadians, make more profits, and quit the complaining. ;)

There's more profit from free advertising in a media reported lawsuit?

I can honestly say I have never even seen a Trader Joe's store before, I hear people talking about it all the time though.

This guy's business is not much different than all those liquidation/overstock places that advertise "BRAND NEW SONY TV 70% OFF." You think that they are authorized resellers, or have licensed Sony's trademarks? Actually, those places would be even more of a competitor to Sony than this guy is to Trader Joe's. There is not a single Trader Joe's store in Canada, so he's not competing over their target market at all.

You mean not much different if they are  a business named "Sonny'?

Agreed.

Its not just reselling, it is him using a similar name to mislead others.

adrynalyne, on 20 Aug 2013 - 06:46, said:

Its not just reselling, it is him using a similar name to mislead others.

vcfan, on 18 Aug 2013 - 09:01, said:

trader-joes-pirate-joes-lawsuit.jpg

Look's to me like they are being 100% clear that they are an unauthorized reseller. I can't imagine anyone being misled by any part of that storefront.

Look's to me like they are being 100% clear that they are an unauthorized reseller. I can't imagine anyone being misled by any part of that storefront.

How do we know that wasn't done after the fact of a pending lawsuit?  Why would it say "unafraid" unless it was after the fact?

If they really meant to not mislead, it would be on a window where it is more permanent.

• Like 1