True Blood (Season 7) (FINAL SEASON!)

tumblr_mrsocn82lI1qeodwqo1_500.png

"True Blood" boss Brian Buckner confirmed Skarsgard's involvement in an interview with TVLine. "I can tell you that Alexander Skarsgard is going to be a part of the next season of 'True Blood,'" Buckner said. "He will be a series regular."

The fate of Skarsgard's character, vampire Eric Northman, was left up in the air after the "True Blood" Season 6 finale. Skarsgard's last scene featured his character naked, reading atop a mountain and then suddenly burning up in the sunlight after Warlow's blood left him.

But don't expect Eric to be up and well, walking around Bon Temps when Season 7 kicks off on HBO next summer. Buckner said that would be a "cheat."

Season 7 of "True Blood" will attempt to get back to the basics. "[We hope] you're gonna feel that the show is going to return back to its roots and it's going to be about this group of people living in Bon Temps," Buckner said at Comic-Con. "We're going to condense the number of stories we're telling and make it feel like we're coming home."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/alexander-skarsgard-returning-true-blood-season-7_n_3786414.html?utm_hp_ref=tv

I lost interest in this show a few season ago (but still watch it while playing games on my ipad).  I'm not sure where they went wrong, some people said it started going downhill after they stopped following the books (I never read them).  I def agree that they have too much going on at one time... I'll never forget how the writers just dropped the one storyline about the "ugly fairies"... classic.

I lost interest in this show a few season ago (but still watch it while playing games on my ipad).  I'm not sure where they went wrong, some people said it started going downhill after they stopped following the books (I never read them).  I def agree that they have too much going on at one time... I'll never forget how the writers just dropped the one storyline about the "ugly fairies"... classic.

They also waste so many interesting characters.  Warlow could have been way more interesting if they hadn't gone the way they did with him and gone more with the way they set him up when we had glimpses of him on the bridge and in Sookie's bathroom.  Sookie's grandfather could have been used a lot more too.  They waste too much time on non-interesting characters like Terry and Alcide hasn't been interesting for a while either.

They also waste so many interesting characters.  Warlow could have been way more interesting if they hadn't gone the way they did with him and gone more with the way they set him up when we had glimpses of him on the bridge and in Sookie's bathroom.  Sookie's grandfather could have been used a lot more too.  They waste too much time on non-interesting characters like Terry and Alcide hasn't been interesting for a while either.

exactly... we see this ghostly images of a long haired older man appear to sookie, we see a wwe like undertaker figure on the bridge... then when he is finally revealed as the almighty warlow... he gets it on with sookie and then gets owned by both Bill and Eric... at this point lets bring back the fire monster!!

shot_33.jpg

It?s been a fast rise for Amelia Rose Blaire on True Blood. She joined the HBO vampire drama as recurring for the recent sixth season, playing Governor?s daughter and vampire- rights-activist-turned-vampire Willa Burrell. Blaire ended up appearing in virtually every episode and is now being promoted to series regular. Production on True Blood?s seventh season is expected to begin in December.

• 2 weeks later...

HIT HBO SERIES TRUE BLOOD TO END RUN IN 2014

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 3, 2013 ? The hit show TRUE BLOOD will end its run in 2014, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. Consisting of ten episodes, the previously announced seventh season will launch next summer.

?TRUE BLOOD has been nothing short of a defining show for HBO,? noted Lombardo. ?Alan Ball took the books by Charlaine Harris, assembled a brilliant cast led by the magnificent Anna Paquin in the role of Sookie Stackhouse, and crafted a show that has taken its many devoted fans on an unforgettable journey. Alan passed the baton to Brian Buckner, who led our fantastic writers and crew in crafting a spectacular sixth season, and he will lead us through the seventh and final season of this amazing show. Together with its legions of fans, it will be hard to say goodbye to the residents of Bon Temps, but I look forward to what promises to be a fantastic final chapter of this incredible show.?

?From the moment I read Charlaine?s books, I thought there was potential for something really special,? says Alan Ball. ?Then our amazing writers, cast and crew brought her world to life in a way that exceeded my wildest expectations. I?m deeply grateful to HBO for being true partners and collaborators, and, of course, to the viewers who chose to spend Sunday nights in Bon Temps with us.?

?I feel enormously proud to have been a part of the TRUE BLOOD family since the very beginning,? says Brian Buckner. ?I guarantee that there?s not a more talented or harder-working cast and crew out there, and I?d like to extend a personal heartfelt thanks to them for their dedication and tenacity over the years, especially this past year, as I stepped into a larger role. Thank you also to HBO for their unwavering support and of course to Alan Ball, whose genius enabled all of us to share in this incredible journey. Finally, a huge thank you to the most passionate fans in television. As we take a final walk through Bon Temps together, we will do our very best to bring Sookie?s story to a close with heart, imagination and, of course, fun.?

Mixing romance, suspense, mystery and humor, TRUE BLOOD takes place in a world where vampires and humans co-exist, after vampires have come out of the coffin, thanks to the invention of mass-produced synthetic blood that means they no longer need humans as a nutritional source. The series follows waitress and part-faerie Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), who can hear people?s thoughts, vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) and vampire Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsg?rd). Alan Ball (creator of the Emmy?-winning HBO series ?Six Feet Under?) created the show, which is based on the bestselling Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris.

The sixth season of TRUE BLOOD, which concluded last month, inspired critical raves, with the Boston Herald praising the show for ?suspense, surprises and crackling dialogue,? while US Weekly noted that the show?s ?cheeky humor and vivid imagination are still there to relish,? and the New York Post called it ?bloody hilarious.? With an average gross audience of 10.6 million viewers per episode, the show remains one of HBO?s most popular series.

For more on the series, visit facebook.com/trueblood and twitter.com/TrueBloodHBO #trueblood

Season six credits: TRUE BLOOD was created by Alan Ball; based on the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris; executive producers, Alan Ball, Brian Buckner, Gregg Fienberg and Alexander Woo; co-executive producer, Angela Robinson; supervising producer, Robin Veith; co-producers, Kate Barnow and Christina Jokanovich.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/09/true-blood-season-7-to-be-last.html

• 2 weeks later...

2013-09-18_16-31-51.png

Bailey Noble has been made a series regular for True Blood's final season.

The supernatural HBO drama will draw to a close following its next 10-episode run, it was confirmed earlier this month.

Noble - who plays half-faerie Adilyn Bellefleur - recurred on the show's sixth season, appearing in seven out of ten episodes.

The actress has now been promoted to series regular status, The Hollywood Reporter claims.

Noble's past work includes guest spots on Glee and 90210.

True Blood's final season will air on HBO in summer 2014.

x

• 2 months later...

barely made it through Season 5 a few months ago. it was rough. way too much happening at one time. the whole side story with the fire monster was just ridiculous.

sadly, i'll probably watch Season 6 and 7 eventually.

barely made it through Season 5 a few months ago. it was rough. way too much happening at one time. the whole side story with the fire monster was just ridiculous.

sadly, i'll probably watch Season 6 and 7 eventually.

Season 5 was pretty bad but Season 6 was surprisingly good.  I hope the final season is good so they go out with a bang.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  It felt a bit rushed but the rest of the season was better than the previous two.

Yeah especially as

Warlow was meant to be a big all bad and the oldest vampire ever and he got owned easily

• 5 weeks later...

311220131388514752.png

One of the surprisingly good newcomers on "True Blood" last season was Luke Grimes. Grimes played hunky imprisoned vampire James who shared various scenes with Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll).

Now, TV Line reports that Grimes has unexpectedly left the series. An HBO spokesperson confirmed the news, saying: "The role of James is being recast due to the creative direction of the character."

According to a source, Grimes asked to be let out of his contract after he learned what was in store for the character next year:

"He initially joined the show because he wanted to work with Deborah Ann Woll [with whom he co-starred before]. But when he started reading the scripts for Season 7, he was disappointed to learn that they were going in a completely different direction with James."

Filming begins on the final season next month. Grimes isn't going to be short of work though, he recently scored the role of Christian Grey?s brother in the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie.

x

I'm waiting for the next season to see how it wraps up. All I can say is, please don't let Eric die. When Godric self sacrificed himself, I felt that was a massive loss of an unexplored hero/story. Not again!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same as how last season was I guess...  I don't see how shortening a show for the sake of shortening it really helps anything.  True Blood was never much on filler content anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

The last episode I saw , is when she went to fairy land at the end of one of the seasons.

• 3 weeks later...