Win 8.1 - No modern apps opening at all.

Hi guys,

Just after a bit of help here with my machine running 8.1. It appears to be that no modern application is running at all.

I can't even get into the control panel to refresh my PC.

I have tried using the app troubleshooter provided by Microsoft but to no avail.

Anyone else had this problem and possibly found a fix?

Cheers :)

Did you disable UAC? Anything in event viewer? 

I haven't got UAC disabled, checked Event Viewer and I seem to be getting quite a few of these.

Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights. 

DETAIL - An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably. The registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that contain the system's image of the registry.
 for C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\\UsrClass.dat

and also

Windows cannot load classes registry file.

DETAIL - An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably. The registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that contain the system's image of the registry.

It also seems that whenever I try to open an app, this happens (I tried loading Camera)

Activation of app Microsoft.MoCamera_cw5n1h2txyewy!Microsoft.Camera failed with error: This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Thanks for replying :)

I started getting this the other day. Did countless things Google suggested and nothing fixed it.

8.1 is less than a month away so try to last without Apps if you can until then.

I started getting this the other day. Did countless things Google suggested and nothing fixed it.

8.1 is less than a month away so try to last without Apps if you can until then.

Dammit, this makes me a sad panda :(