Bradley Manning: I want to live as a woman

I meant look passed the words I've used twice and look at what I actually meant.

It's not for me to try to interpret what you mean if you cannot say it.

I would love for it to work in the way it is supposed to. I guess if you are okay with people literally getting away with murder and torture it should work your way.  :/ There is a difference between how it works now and how it should work.

Am I OK with it?  Nope.  But do I understand that is how the world works - that if I do something then there will be an outcome regardless of what I feel is right or wrong?  Of course.

It's not for me to try to interpret what you mean if you cannot say it.

Am I OK with it?  Nope.  But do I understand that is how the world works - that if I do something then there will be an outcome regardless of what I feel is right or wrong?  Of course.

Uhh, if you actually read what I wrote I pretty clearly explain what my position is this whole time, if you get caught on buzz words that is not MY problem. :)

It's great that you accept the world for how it is and are making no strides in trying to better it.

if you get caught on buzz words that is not MY problem. 

It is when YOU post them.  If you post buzzwords, you may want to rethink how you word things.

It's great that you accept the world for how it is and are making no strides in trying to better it.

I accept the world for how it is because I am a realist and it benefits me.  I make MY world a lot every day on a local level, legally (supporting local groups, charitable work, and so on).  And therein lies the difference.  Thanks!

It is when YOU post them.  If you post buzzwords, you may want to rethink how you word things.

I accept the world for how it is because I am a realist and it benefits me.  I make MY world a lot every day on a local level, legally (supporting local groups, charitable work, and so on).  And therein lies the difference.  Thanks!

It's only a problem when people cant read passed them. :)

That's great, really it is, keep up the good work. I have no problem helping people who aren't local though, I rather try to help everyone I can in any way I can. In this case, informing people that others are going around unpunished for their crimes, instead of just focusing on the person who revealed that crimes were taking place, while accepting that should be where it ends, because it's more convenient for me. Every small step helps the bigger picture.

But, I'm not here to judge others based on their opinions, if you think that not trying at all is better and more realistic of a course for you, so be it. I will try to help even if I know that any change I could make is so small and so pointless it won't benefit anyone.

Past.

And how exactly are you helping the victims of this supposedly unjust government?

Thanks.

Well, again generalizing, I never said the government is unjust, I said members of it were. Those who executed the commands and those that blindly followed through need to also be brought to justice, in accordance with law. The victims will be helped by knowing that those that committed the crimes were punished. Exactly as the law allows anyone who is the victim of crime come to terms.

Your question is funny, as any solution taken after the fact won't do anything to make up for what was already done to them, you can only try to help them get on their feet again and to help them move forward, donating my time and money while trying to correct what was wrong by bringing it to light are all that I can offer for those who aren't local to me.

Which is a lot better than just saying oh well, and moving on because it seems to far out of my reach to even try something as simple as spreading the word. Again, any help is better than none.

Well, again generalizing, I never said the government is unjust, I said members of it were. Those who executed the commands and those that blindly followed through need to also be brought to justice, in accordance with law. The victims will be helped by knowing that those that committed the crimes were punished. Exactly as the law allows anyone who is the victim of crime come to terms.

You do know, however, that this will NEVER happen though, right?

What a nonsensical thing to say.

Who the hell are you to decide what is fair?  That is what the court was for, and they did.  Fair doesn't come into it - what does come into it is this:

He knew there would be criminal charges if he did this, but he did it anyway.  Thus, he has to accept the outcome.

So in the mind of someone like you, the argument "it's the law" matters more than the fact that he revealed that the Americans have committed a multitude of war crimes, war crimes which are costing real people their lives?

It must be nice to live in a world where nationalism and saving government face matters more than the lives of innocent people

So in the mind of someone like you, the argument "it's the law" matters more than the fact that he revealed that the Americans have committed a multitude of war crimes, war crimes which are costing real people their lives?

Blah blah blah.

It LEGALLY matters more yes.  There is no disputing that.  He did what he did, brave and gallant if you wish, and have not once criticized that action.  But people whining about the repercussions are living in a dream world.

It must be nice to live in a world where corruption doesn't exist and freedom is real just because you feel that it's right!

You do know, however, that this will NEVER happen though, right?

It won't because there are a lot of people like you who won't do anything about it, which is just as bad IMO as the people who cover it up. :)

At least I am trying here, I would rather try and fail than know I didn't do anything at all.

Also never say never, sometimes the will of the people is strong enough to bring about change.

I can't believe you would rather sit around and accept the current course than try to make your future better, in this case.

Quit talking about the legality of it, some laws need to change over time, I remember a lot of laws that were unjust. No one is disputing he should be punished for breaking the law, because everyone knows if you break the law and get caught you will be punished, the thing is this guy got it really harsh, and could of be harsher, while the people he exposed are getting nothing.

I'm tired of the corruption, and tired of the rest of the ######.

Harsh!?  If he'd done this during the cold war, he'd have been shot.

Great! It's ok now because in the past it would've been more barbaric, great forward thinking mentality you have there. The reason I said harsh is because of TODAYS standards thank you very much.

Should we always try to be as primal as we were in the past or should we try to move forward a little bit?

You think that's bad, if he had done this 300 years ago he would of been hanged, drawn, and quartered. 

I don't understand this logic. If you admitted to being a Jew during the 1600s in England, you would've been killed. How about today? Nope. Therefore, no relevance to now.

Manning deserves his time, yes. That's part of civil disobedience.

Perhaps some people on both sides should read up on Henry David Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience," or just look to Gandhi/MLK (but Thoreau would be a better fit, I think, because Thoreau didn't change anything, unlike Gandhi/MLK).

Its everyone's  right to live the way they want. However, being a prisoner, its a a complex situation if manning wants to live as a women. If manning wants to be a women, I dont see anything wrong with it. 

i'm sure there are alot of prisoners in that prison who would be more than happy to make him feel like a lady.

Like I said already .. that incident doesn't count - In no way doesn't show U.S. forces indiscriminately murdering civilians like it's a game. (from a quick look through the clip you played,it's that Collateral Murder video, if it's not - I might look again, and my comment isn't valid). 

Mate, do yourself a favour and read the rules of engagement which the US armed forces are supposed to follow, until then do keep quiet, you're embarassing yourself

Mate, do yourself a favour and read the rules of engagement which the US armed forces are supposed to follow, until then do keep quiet, you're embarassing yourself

Reviews have concluded that the rules of engagement were followed. So not quire sure what you're getting at here...

Lone Wanderer Chicken, on 22 Aug 2013 - 09:38, said:

People feeling deeply that they want to be who they want is not really a joke. I think the cat joke here is not called for. There are countless people going day by day experiencing what manning was. First America had to deal with accepting blacks as humans now America is in the process of accepting LGBTs. Its going to take a long time for America to accept lgbts,  but it will happen and is happening.

yeah.. except accepting blacks doesn't cost money and is about accepting them as they are born. same with homosexual and lesbians..

accepting transgendereds in this situation involves money and involves accepting them for the fantasy going on in their head... not for how they are born. The fact is people with gender dysphoria have the wrong brain.. not the wrong body. The body is built exactly as DNA planned out.. their brain is suffering from a birth defect.