Bradley Manning: I want to live as a woman

People feeling deeply that they want to be who they want is not really a joke. I think the cat joke here is not called for. There are countless people going day by day experiencing what manning was. First America had to deal with accepting blacks as humans now America is in the process of accepting LGBTs. Its going to take a long time for America to accept lgbts,  but it will happen and is happening.

• Like 1

People feeling deeply that they want to be who they want is not really a joke. I think the cat joke here is not called for. There are countless people going day by day experiencing what manning was. 

No, but using that as a justification for their treasonous actions, IS a joke.

• Like 3

No, but using that as a justification for their treasonous actions, IS a joke.

People feeling deeply that they want to be who they want is not really a joke. I think the cat joke here is not called for. There are countless people going day by day experiencing what manning was. First America had to deal with accepting blacks as humans now America is in the process of accepting LGBTs. Its going to take a long time for America to accept lgbts,  but it will happen and is happening.

How long before they accept someone wanting to be a cat?  You are being intolerant for not accepting his want to be a cat and therefore hypocritical or your own statement.  What is the difference, they are both trying to be something they aren't?

How long before they accept someone wanting to be a cat?  You are being intolerant for not accepting his want to be a cat and therefore hypocritical or your own statement.  What is the difference, they are both trying to be something they aren't?

I'm not intolerant of someone wanting to be a cat. If they want to do that, that's their lives.

Bradley Manning, the Army private sentenced to military prison for leaking classified documents, revealed he intends to live out the remainder of his life as a woman.

And just like a woman, he/she can never keep a secret. :p

• Like 2

If I wanted to be a chicken, id have to lose all intelligence and wear a chicken suit my entire life. For now I will be a human

if i wanted to be a chicken, id have to lose all intelligence and wear a chicken suit my entire life

If that's what you want, I support your decision and will fight to the death.. uh.. . that is, to YOUR death, for the right to be a chicken!

If that's what you want, I support your decision and will fight to the death.. uh.. . that is, to YOUR death, for the right to be a chicken!

i like chickens, but that would be a little too far, even for me  :D 

FloatingFatMan, on 22 Aug 2013 - 10:19, said:

If he wants to be a woman, that's his lookout. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to pay for that yourself, in the US?  So once he's out of the male only prison he's going to be living in for the next bunch of years, he can start his treatment and have his OP.

It is... but if I have to hear about his "lookout" then people are going to have to hear about how I think it's wrong to live this fantasy.  Same thing goes for other things like being gay.  I don't care, but if I have to hear about it, I'm going to give my opinion.  Leave this crap out of the news if you don't want to create controversy... But that's exactly what the media wants to do. 

• Like 1

I don't think there's anything wrong with noticing that he suddenly decides this now that he's been convicted. Unless people have evidence that he's expressed this before, it seems awfully... convenient. Of course people have the right to do what they want with their lives--but in prison, part of the deal is losing some of your rights, and trying to get people to fund this for him after the fact just seems like he's being spiteful. It's one of the few things you can complain about in today's society and get funding for even after going to prison, short of harming yourself and needing medical care. It just seems like now that he's going to jail he's like "hmm, what can I do to get back at them..."

Had this been in the works for a while, I wouldn't have said anything.

Actually, it -has- been in the works for a while, if you read some of the articles posted since the trial ended.  It's all in the stuff that couldn't be revealed until after the case was over.

I feel sorry for the guy, but really, his gender diaspora has sod all to do with his decision to turn traitor.  He should have just quit the army (in fact, he should never have passed the physical to join in the first place, looking at him).

Actually, it -has- been in the works for a while, if you read some of the articles posted since the trial ended.  It's all in the stuff that couldn't be revealed until after the case was over.

I feel sorry for the guy, but really, his gender diaspora has sod all to do with his decision to turn traitor.  He should have just quit the army (in fact, he should never have passed the physical to join in the first place, looking at him).

Fair enough. I did not read all of the articles.

I do think the timing isn't going to work out, and it shouldn't. If he wanted to be free to make those kinds of decisions, he shouldn't have committed a crime. That's fair, yeah?

not that i'm some conspiracy nut, but this looks like some kind of smear campaign, discredit and ruin the person in the public eye and take away any attention as to what he put out there.

I wont quote the whole story just have a read. In short He is going to become a She and during the trial he/she had been sending photos of herself/himself to her/his supervisor with him looking like a woman.

The current place he/she is being sent to (the prison) have said "that it would not provide trans treatment beyond psychiatric support". 

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/22/bradley-manning-woman-chelsea-gender-reassignment

What's your view on this peeps? Should he be allowed to become a she? Should He/She be allowed hormone treatment while in prison? Should he/she be moved to a prison that will support his/her needs more?

D5RbdBq.jpg

Here is a photo of Chelsea Manning.

Interesting one heh.

----------------

Personally i think she/he should be allowed to change Sex, and be moved to a prison to support her/his needs. A Prison sentence is to take away your freedom from living in the outside world, not to take away all your human rights or medical needs.

There's no need to put down someone or something just because you don't understand it. People in prison still receive medical treatment and care. Gender dysphoria is a well-recognized and accepted medical issue that requires treatment that can include, and is not limited to, hormone treatment and certain surgeries. It's well-recognized and accepted because of the tremendous amount of data, experience, testing, interviews, reviews, and research done by countless medical and psychological experts. We should trust the experts in their field; they usually know what they are talking about.

Many of us on this site are tech experts; do you want people to trust us that we know computers and technology, or do you want them to say, "You don't know what you're talking about! My processor needs more RAM because I can't download Google!"

People with gender dysphoria are still people. They are your mothers, your fathers, your kids, your coworkers, your friends. Every single person in this world is fighting a personal battle of some kind.

• Like 3