2014 Audi A8/S8 facelift officially revealed

In that case...why not go for a beater instead of the sort of money Audi wants for its cars?

Because I still like my cars to look nice, I do try to look after them

A late model mass production vehicle, when sitting in a car park, or parking lot, tends not to get noticed (most common colour of most common car etc)

Please explain how having 463 @ 4750 is weaker than 481 @ 5500. The W12 pumps out nearly identical maximum amount of torque power (-18...a variance of three point something percent) a whole 750 RPM earlier (13-15% sooner).

Also, you seem to criticize Audi's engines all the time for the lack of power. It's quite common. What some BMW and Benz lovers fail to understand when comparing the torque of said firms' engines is that Audi's, in general, are lighter cars, thanks to the usage of aluminum. So an Audi with X amount of power usually outperforms its competitors with the comparable engine power. This is the reason why both Benz and BMW have to increase the power of their engines in order to compensate for the heavier weight (and catch up to Audi's performance), thus making the cars less efficient.

Alright let's play. Audi's engines are not that great in comparison to Mercedes engines (AMG included). The S600 in comparison has a 5.5L V12 Biturbo that puts down 510 hp/612 lb-ft @ 1900 rpm. That is 149 lb-ft tq more and at ~60% earlier than the W12. Or if you take the S65 AMG, that is a 6.0 L Biturbo that puts down 621 hp/738 lb-ft tq @ 2300 rpm. That is 275 lb-ft tq more and at ~50% earlier than the W12. Even the BMW 760 Li has a V12 that puts down 535 hp/550 lb-ft tq @ 1500 rpm. The only difference between all these cars is Audi is NA, where BMW/Mercedes use turbo(s), but that's just what's offered. These cars are heavy and luxurious. They are not going to be track performers, so they'll both handle as such. BMW/Mercedes are more than capable performers given their power train, it's just all horsepower wars at this point. At the end of the day, the S class is the definitive luxury car, and has all the latest and greatest technology. 

If you look at the rest of the lineup, the S6 weighs 4398 lbs, while the comparable E550 4MATIC weighs 4409 lbs (11 lbs more). The S7 weighs 4508 lbs, the comparable CLS 550 4MATIC weighs 4355 lbs (153 lbs less) or 4255 lbs for RWD version. If anything Audi's weigh more because you can get BMW's/Mercedes in RWD. It goes on and on but you get the idea. What's even worse about Audi is that their high performance models (Audi RS) is not really present in the US. We only get the RS5 here currently. Mercedes and BMW at least are less restrictive - we have plenty of AMG's and M models to choose from. Add to that it's a luxury brand, so there is even similarities between VW and Audi. Even more surprising is a picture of a $1.7 million+ Bugatti Veyron key fob, and how similar it is to any other VW. Kinda pathetic. 

I'm probably in the minority here, but I just hate the giant grille. Other than that, I give it a (Y)

with the 320KMH on the dash, you need the large grille to suck in the air to romp on the autobahn, Big grilles are needed for serious intake.

Oh dear, I seem to have started an argument.

I was just marveling at the engineering gone into the W12 design (I'm a tech head).

Sorry :(