Bryan Cranston apparently cast as 'Lex Luthor' in Batman/Superman

shot_40.jpg

Bryan Cranston, best known for his turn as the character Walter White/Heisenberg, in AMC's Breaking Bad has reportedly been confirmed to play Superman's nemesis Lex Luthor, not only in the upcoming untitled Batman/Superman film, but in a total of 6 films, which could potentially extend to ten. 

An official announcement is said to released after the final season of Breaking Bad has finished, with the finale set for a September 29th release, so they can essentially build off of the hype from the highly anticipated ending. 

Mark Strong was reportedly also in talks, but it seems as if Cranston may have nabbed the role. It's possible that Strong's performance as Sinestro in 2011's Green Lantern may have worked against him, but it's entirely likely that he could always appear as another villain down the line, if not yet again as Sinestro as many agree, he was one of the highlights of the film. 

Only time will tell if whether this is true or not, with many sources claiming that it's actually a confirmed deal. Cranston has previously stated an interest in portraying the character, but until any official announcement, take this with a grain of salt. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2401617/Breaking-Bads-Bryan-Cranston-cast-Lex-Luthor-Man-Of-Steel-sequel.html

Daily Mail makes me think it's a massive rumour still

Independently reported by Cosmic Book News. The Latino Review (a good breaking movie news source) has also been reporting it.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-bryan-cranston-lex-luthor-batman-superman-matt-damon-aquaman-mark-strong-sinestro

EXCLUSIVE: BRYAN CRANSTON IS LEX LUTHOR IN BATMAN/SUPERMAN; MATT DAMON UP FOR AQUAMAN; MARK STRONG AS SINESTRO POSSIBLE

As Cosmic Book News previously was informed, Lex Luthor has been cast in the Man of Steel sequel that will feature Ben Affleck as Batman and Henry Cavill as Superman.

Now we have been told a batch of new details, on top of why Affleck was chosen as Batman.

Bryan Cranston has been cast as Lex Luthor in what is said to be at least a six "appearance" deal (think of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury popping up in every Marvel movie in the run-up to Avengers) and may be as high as ten.

Look for the official announcement to follow the conclusion to the final season of Breaking Bad as WB wants to dovetail off the end of that.

Regarding Ben Affleck, we are told he has allegedly a 13-appearance deal for Batman.

DC is going to have all of their main characters liberally appearing or at least mentioned in all of their movies to portray a more connected world than what Marvel Studios has done so far.

DC also does have major interest in bringing Matt Damon into the Justice League now that Affleck is on board, and it is rumored that he is being considered for Aquaman or Martian Manhunter.

Regarding Mark Strong playing Lex Luthor, the one thing that worked a bit against him was that he was already Sinestro -- and still could be again.

"Cranston truly is a dream casting for Luthor," we're told.

This is great news!

But as I said on Twitter, if they'd really cast Matt Damon for Aquaman, they'd ruin that film AND Justice League. He doesn't look anything like Aquaman let alone a superhero. Plus it looks to me that he's too short to be Aquaman as well. I think they should go for a lesser known actor for Aquaman's role. I seriously can't see Matt Damon in a superhero role though.

I thought they'd go with a younger Lex, but I guess not?  Well, if Bruce Wayne is going to be "older", Lex being older is fine even if Superman is younger than both.

I'm going to just go ahead and say that he's going to be the best live-action Lex Luthor. The amount of movies that he signed up for which could potentially extend to ten has me intrigued as well. Will. I do wonder what role he's going to have in the other films though because Fury is the founder of the Avengers, the Justice League didn't have a founding member like him. They were/are on their own, working from their Watchtower.

Also, I do hope that Mark Strong is going to be Sinestro again because he perfect for that role.

Also, I do hope that Mark Strong is going to be Sinestro again because he perfect for that role.

Yeah the only bright spot out of Green Lantern

1377459477.jpg

Yeah the only bright spot out of Green Lantern

1377459477.jpg

Too bad that photo is a photoshop and he only got the yellow ring after the credits :p I would've loved a sequel with the the Green Lantern Corp fighting the Sinestro Corp, but only if the 1st film wasn't a flop.

Too bad that photo is a photoshop and he only got the yellow ring after the credits :p I would've loved a sequel with the the Green Lantern Corp fighting the Sinestro Corp, but only if the 1st film wasn't a flop.

Yeah I know it's a shop but I do still love the Sinestro design :p

The signs of evil I've seen of him in BB make me think he'll bring an amazing portrayal of Luthor. I held out some small hope that the studio would go with Rosenbaum but I can understady why they didn't and I think Cranston will do an amazing job.

This is great news!

But as I said on Twitter, if they'd really cast Matt Damon for Aquaman, they'd ruin that film AND Justice League. He doesn't look anything like Aquaman let alone a superhero. Plus it looks to me that he's too short to be Aquaman as well. I think they should go for a lesser known actor for Aquaman's role. I seriously can't see Matt Damon in a superhero role though.

Adrian Grenier?

Adrian Grenier?

Maybe, though I've only seen him in "Entourage" so I can't judge him acting wise. Look wise he could pull a younger Aquaman off with short hair dyed blonde.

Yeah I know it's a shop but I do still love the Sinestro design :p

That's true, haha. Yellow suits him better :p

I think Adrian Grenier was a joke because he played Aquaman in Entourage. I would hope that leave that character out of movies altogether.

I think Adrian Grenier was a joke because he played Aquaman in Entourage. I would hope that leave that character out of movies altogether.

Didn't watch enough Entourage to know that. I've been fooled by soniqstylz! NOES! :p

Too young, too dark. I think a younger version of Kevin McKidd would look more like Arthur Curry --

300px-AquaGlare.jpg3302-kevin-mckidd-1b.jpg

Maybe his current age could fit too? Give him his goatee and he's all set if you ask me.

A thought on Matt Damon and the Martian Manhunter, the listed possibility hardly anyone has discussed.

J'onn J'onzz in both his native and more humanoid Manhunter shapes would likely be largely CGI, but Damon could easily play his third "configuration": Det. John Jones.

449.jpg

johnJones.jpg

A thought on Matt Damon and the Martian Manhunter, the listed possibility hardly anyone has discussed.

J'onn J'onzz in both his native and more humanoid Manhunter shapes would likely be largely CGI, but Damon could easily play his third "configuration": Det. John Jones.

449.jpg

johnJones.jpg

His CGI counterpart should be played by someone else though.

DC Comics is giving me a headache. Every amazing casting (Bryan as Lex is PERFECT) comes accompanied but something that reminds me of how terrible Green Lanter was, like Matt Damon as Aquaman. Also, Mark Strong should be in tons more movies, he's amazing.

DC Comics is giving me a headache. Every amazing casting (Bryan as Lex is PERFECT) comes accompanied but something that reminds me of how terrible Green Lanter was, like Matt Damon as Aquaman. Also, Mark Strong should be in tons more movies, he's amazing.

Don't get fixated on him as Aquaman since he was also mentioned for Martisn Manhunter. Read a few posts up for how that could easily work - J'onn J'onzz has 3 shapes he assumes, one human.