Bryan Cranston apparently cast as 'Lex Luthor' in Batman/Superman

This is great news!

But as I said on Twitter, if they'd really cast Matt Damon for Aquaman, they'd ruin that film AND Justice League. He doesn't look anything like Aquaman let alone a superhero. Plus it looks to me that he's too short to be Aquaman as well. I think they should go for a lesser known actor for Aquaman's role. I seriously can't see Matt Damon in a superhero role though.

Damon basically played a superhero or sorts in the Bourne movies and did a good job. I can definitely see him as the Martian Manhunter.

Agreed. IMO Lawrence Fishburne or someone with a similar deep, nearly regal tone.

The voice is the most important to be honest. The body can just be done with motion capture+CGI.

Damon basically played a superhero or sorts in the Bourne movies and did a good job. I can definitely see him as the Martian Manhunter.

I still don't see Damon pulling off a superhero role. Jai Courtney could be Aquaman though and Matt Damon could play Martian's human form. Better yet, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau looks more fitting as Aquaman.

Damon is more of an action (Jason Bourne) star for me, not a superhero.

Well, this doesn't look good:

Internet hysteria and shoddy journalism have once again teamed up to turn an unsubstantiated rumor into "official" news. But here it is for the record, folks: Bryan Cranston has not, we repeat not, been signed to play Lex Luthor in the "Man of Steel" sequel (a.k.a. "Batman vs. Superman").

Despite the story getting picked up by numerous mainstream media outlets, there is not one shred of truth to it. It originated with a fan website that has been known for printing sheer fabrications to score hits -- which is why we won't name the site or link to it here.

But one look at the original story, which claims that Cranston has been signed for anywhere from six to 10 appearances as Luthor, will tip off anyone with average intelligence that this is garbage. For one thing, the same story claims that Ben Affleck has signed for 13 film appearances as Batman, which would probably make him around 70 by the time he finished playing the role.

Even better, the article also hints that Ben's good friend Matt Damon is being considered to play either Aquaman or Martian Manhunter somewhere down the line. That's rich, isn't it? The guys behind the site have to know how ridiculous this all is -- yet they've fooled a number of major news outlets already.

The apparent launching pad for all this craziness was an offhand comment that Cranston himself made when asked by a reporter if he would like to play Luthor. "Give me a call. I like Lex Luthor," was the "Breaking Bad" star's response. On the Internet, it's a short distance from that to "Bryan Cranston officially playing Lex Luthor for the rest of his career!"

Source: Keep your hair on: Bryan Cranston is not Lex Luthor in 'Man of Steel' sequel

All I can say is that if this is true, it would mean that all the Damon stuff was as much of a fabrication. Which makes me very happy.

"... but in a total of 6 films, which could potentially extend to ten. ..."

by the time cranston reaches movie number 6 ~ 10. they probably should rename the character lax "laxative" luthor.

But what if the appearance is just small parts in different DC movies which could be released in the same year.  For example they could have one movie or spring and a second in the fall, May and September.  That's two out of 10 in one year and not 3 to 4.

Did you guys read my post? :p It says that Bryan Cranston isn't cast as Lex Luthor at all.

Also, for Fury it made sense that he was at the end of each film in order to recruit the members for the Avengers. Lex Luthor did no such thing for Justice League so I don't know in what way they'd put him in each movie for a small role. I guess they fabricated that bit as well and just copied what Marvel did with Nick Fury. It would be too easy to copy the after-credits bit or smaller bits for such a key figure. I don't think they're planning on putting Lex Luthor in so many films at all and perhaps even only for the role in the Superman films.

Well, that stinks. I thought Cranston would have made a hell of a Lex. Maybe we still have hope for Michael Rosenbaum? ;-)

Well, that stinks. I thought Cranston would have made a hell of a Lex. Maybe we still have hope for Michael Rosenbaum? ;-)

I don't think there ever was hope for Rosenbaum to be really honest. He was Lex in Smallville but that doesn't mean his a good fit to play him in a movie as well.