WindowsXP and DSL

ghost

i installed a dual boot with Devilsown Release of XP. I have 98se and XP. XP installed wonderfully, and everyone one of my drivers were updated automatically, except for my dsl modem. I have an internal Speedstream 3060. I installed the newest drivers, but I still can not connect to the internet. I get different errors, some of which saying the port is in use, even though im not running any other progs. Has anyone gotten the internal Speedstream to work with XP? And if so, how?????? Thanks guys

uniacid

yea I need sum help also except I got the SpeedStream Ethernet 5260 and i use enternet-300 to connect but for some reason on XP I get errors saying ip/tcp stacks arent confirgured or something like that, anyways if anyone could help me thx

martyr

I'm using speedstream 4060 usb and it works fine, in previous builds it had problems but now that xp has gone rtm it works like a breeze!

ghost

i cant get that thing to work. i think i just have to wait for XP Drivers for my modem :s who knows how long that will take

ghost

martyr, what drivers did u use? the new 3.3? i tried those and i still got errors saying port was open, modem wasnt configured and various other errors. has anyone gotten online with a Speedstream 3060 internal modem? thanks

martyr

Yeah I used the 3.3 drivers. I set the dial up connection to save settings for anyone who uses this computer, if you set it to the option "Me Only" it would say port was open for some weird reason.