Getting ready for Gta 5

Hello! I own an xbox 360(got it back in 2010)...its this really basic version called 'arcade version' and it comes only with 256 mb of storage jus enough for saves. ..I haven't had any problems till date because of disc based games but now with gta 5 demanding 8gb of storage things look a lil bleak. ..I dont think I can cough up enough dough for a hard drive and the xbox 360 flash drive at 70dollars is a complete rip off! All I need is a decent flash drive that could give me 17-20mbps read speed on usb 2.0 ...There are lots of drives that claim to give those speeds but real world performance varies...im trying to stick to a 20 dollar budget. ..please suggest

Ps: a 16gb flash drive would be good enough!

Can non-MS-certified storage (like these USB flash drives) be used for game installations?

I would like to know this too. I still have ~80GB of my 250GB HDD free but I have friends who aren't so lucky with different version of the 360.

Can non-MS-certified storage (like these USB flash drives) be used for game installations?

yes, you can use any usb flash drive,and the xbox360 will create for you an xbox360 partition up to 32GB where you can install games, saves and everything else you can do with a hard drive.