Google+ now says when photos get the Auto Awesome treatment

birthday-1368644548.jpg

The Auto Awesome enhancements in Google+ are great for livening up burst photos and animations, but it's not always clear when the service creates. That's no longer an issue in the wake of an update: Google+ now sends notifications whenever it creates Auto Awesome animations, filmstrips and panoramas. The alerts are rolling out today on Android, iOS and the web, so you won't be left wondering about your photo collection again.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/27/google-now-says-when-photos-get-the-auto-awesome-treatment/

Google+ is still a thing? :p

Wasn't there a report months ago about Google+ being the second biggest social network measured by number of active (ie. actively contributing) users?

Wasn't there a report months ago about Google+ being the second biggest social network measured by number of active (ie. actively contributing) users?

I do remember that, there are only two in this world.

This is the oldest joke.

Boy: Dad, I came at 2nd place in Running Championship

Dad: Congrats son! How many of your friends participated

Boy: Dad! It's just 2 only

Dad: ********

Majority of the users are tricked into having a google+ account. (youtube users for example)

Might have alot of accounts, but hardly anyone actually uses it.

That's true of course (there's a lot of people with Google+ accounts not using them) but the report I mentioned was about active users, not registered users.

Doesn't watching and liking a video add another + and some other stats to your google+ profile?

Problem with it is google tied it into all of their services, and they all interact with eachother, so its really hard to tell who really uses it.

So does using facebook to authenticate on other sites or games (lots of which are available for mobile devices), clicking "like" buttons or using the facebook chat (even if on a third party client). All that counts as "social activity".

I don't know a single person that uses g+.

There isn't as much people I know in real life using Google+ as in Facebook (although there are quite a few), but on the other I find much easier to communicate with people you don't actually know but that share common interests on Google+ than on Facebook.

Just take a look at the Communities in Google+ and you'll find people talking about pretty much any subject you might be interested in... that is, Google+ is actually more similar to Twitter than to Facebook.