'Fake' service dog & veteran kicked out of restaurant

The only thing you could "take" from someone with an animal is tell them they are not allowed to go in public for the comfort of someone that can take pills and/or shots to remedy their issues. It's unrealistic. Based on that alone, I am not allowed in public because I own animals.

You are being over the top.  One of the things a person with a service dog can do is to make sure their animal is kept reasonably clean.  One of the things a person who suffers from allergies is to get treated.  Communication, education, working with one another, etc.

• Like 1

Pee all over your car.  It will stop them.  Let's not worry about the logistics here and now ;)

Ugh.

That reminds me of yesterday when I drove past a construction truck apparently spraying affluent water (sanitized with that blue crap) on the road to keep dust down.  Despite me driving well around it...

My car windows were down and everything.

The only thing you could "take" from someone with an animal is tell them they are not allowed to go in public for the comfort of someone that can take pills and/or shots to remedy their issues. It's unrealistic. Based on that alone, I am not allowed in public because I own animals. Hell, I can't even drive my car based on your logic since it has cat hair all over it from the cats in the neighborhood sleeping on it.... still need to figure out how to stop them... I mean, I may pass someone while driving and they have a allergic reaction to it.

By the way that is your own statement you're basing your logic on, not mine. I made no such statement.

By the way that is your own statement you're basing your logic on, not mine. I made no such statement.

No, its your logic. You said there needs to be give and take on both sides. The only thing you can take from someone with an animal is the animal. That isn't over the top, that is just the reality of the situation and it based on the logic you presented.

Ugh.

That reminds me of yesterday when I drove past a construction truck apparently spraying affluent water (sanitized with that blue crap) on the road to keep dust down.  Despite me driving well around it...

My car windows were down and everything.

Yea, I am in Oklahoma... I don't drive with windows down because A. its 100 degrees and no amount of wind is going to help that and B. to much dust and insects in the air. Pain to dust out the car every week. Not to mention, I sometimes drive with a dog in the car. Don't want anyone to accidentally die because I brought an animal in public they are allergic to. :rolleyes:

Owner seems like a real butt-hole. Hes ok with "actual" service dogs, but not this one?

Yeh its totally not his decision when theres paper work to back said dog. Guy seems a complete idiot. So the dog doesnt look stereotypically like a service dog. There fore again despite paperwork and the police, thats not good enuff?

Deserves to go out of business if thats how his judgement works.

Yea, I am in Oklahoma... I don't drive with windows down because A. its 100 degrees and no amount of wind is going to help that and B. to much dust and insects in the air. Pain to dust out the car every week. Not to mention, I sometimes drive with a dog in the car. Don't want anyone to accidentally die because I brought an animal in public they are allergic to. :rolleyes:

I live in AZ and it is hotter than hell most times.  But it is about 75-80 at 8am in the morning when I leave for work.

That and my car looks for excuses to eat gas.  Commuting 350 miles a week, I will take any gas savings I can :p

I live in AZ and it is hotter than hell most times.  But it is about 75-80 at 8am in the morning when I leave for work.

That and my car looks for excuses to eat gas.  Commuting 350 miles a week, I will take any gas savings I can :p

I get 59 miles to the gallon on the highway and 35-40 in town depending on traffic. Gas isn't really an issue anyway since its fairly cheap. My problem is I drive a completely black car and the car reads at 110 when I first start it at 7am and 120 when I get off work. Air conditioning all the way lol.

No, its your logic. You said there needs to be give and take on both sides. The only thing you can take from someone with an animal is the animal. That isn't over the top, that is just the reality of the situation and it based on the logic you presented.

Absolute nonsense, plain and simple.  I have clearly stated that people have to work together.   I don't think the word logic means what you seem to think it means, you attempt to use it (the word) a lot in your arguments.   You clearly do not understand what give and take means either. 

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/give-and-take

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/give-and-take

I get 59 miles to the gallon on the highway and 35-40 in town depending on traffic. Gas isn't really an issue anyway since its fairly cheap. My problem is I drive a completely black car and the car reads at 110 when I first start it at 7am and 120 when I get off work. Air conditioning all the way lol.

Hybrid?

I can get 28-ish if I play nice in traffic on the way to work, which is mostly rural.  In the city, it doesn't matter, 19mpg tops.

Absolute nonsense, plain and simple.  I have clearly stated that people have to work together.   I don't think the word logic means what you seem to think it means, you attempt to use it (the word) a lot in your arguments.   You clearly do not understand what give and take means either. 

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/give-and-take

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/give-and-take

facepalm. I will ignore your blatant insults and not report you. Give and take. Both sides do something to reach an agreement. Its simple. The problem is the topic. The only possible thing someone with an animal can give is not bring the animal. The entire thought behind that is a single particle from that dog can set off the allergy. There is no other possibility. Because of that same logic, the anyone who owns an animal should never be allowed in public so that someone with allergies isn't a little bit uncomfortable. That is the only possibility in your give and take comment. Constantly cleaning the dog wont stop anything in term of allergies if someone is allergic. It's unrealistic and very clearly stupid. Stop saying it is somehow a possibility because it simply isn't If you have allergies and you choose to go in public, nothing anyone else can possibly do will stop you from coming in contract with something that can set off your allergies. It is a fact of life. Come back to reality and then reply to this. Until then I won't even comment on your absurd suggestion.

Hum... It's not your call to argue whether he needs a dog or not.  That has been decided and granted by people with the qualification to do so.  Under US law, nobody has the right to disallow him service based upon this.

HOWEVER

I find intrigue in what someone above said that something must have previously occurred for such a reaction.

granted by a qualified person??? Lets hope there's more thought involved then seems to be involved with those handicapped parking permits that seems to be given out like candy.

Hybrid?

I can get 28-ish if I play nice in traffic on the way to work, which is mostly rural.  In the city, it doesn't matter, 19mpg tops.

Hybrids get less. 6 speed Scion FRS. On a flat road, which is all Oklahoma has, 59 miles to the gallon with cruise control at about 78 miles per hour.

facepalm. I will ignore your blatant insults and not report you. Give and take. Both sides do something to reach an agreement. Its simple. The problem is the topic. The only possible thing someone with an animal can give is not bring the animal. The entire thought behind that is a single particle from that dog can set off the allergy. There is no other possibility. Because of that same logic, the anyone who owns an animal should never be allowed in public so that someone with allergies isn't a little bit uncomfortable. That is the only possibility in your give and take comment. Constantly cleaning the dog wont stop anything in term of allergies if someone is allergic. It's unrealistic and very clearly stupid. Stop saying it is somehow a possibility because it simply isn't If you have allergies and you choose to go in public, nothing anyone else can possibly do will stop you from coming in contract with something that can set off your allergies. It is a fact of life. Come back to reality and then reply to this. Until then I won't even comment on your absurd suggestion.

1. I did not insult you.

2. I gave 2 examples of the give and take, you have ignored them.

3. I said nothing about a single particle setting off anyone's allergy.  An extreme exaggeration on your part.

4. I never said or suggested or implied in any of my remarks that anyone that owns an animal should never be allowed in public, another extreme statement based on absolute nothing I have said. Or any kind of "logic".

5. I again said nothing about "constantly cleaning the dog.  Maintaining the health of your service animal can minimize potential allergens and is good for the animal.

6. Claiming something is stupid and absurd and telling someone to come back to reality (whose, yours?) before posting is insulting. I won't report you for that

1. I did not insult you.

2. I gave 2 examples of the give and take, you have ignored them.

3. I said nothing about a single particle setting off anyone's allergy.  An extreme exaggeration on your part.

4. I never said or suggested or implied in any of my remarks that anyone that owns an animal should never be allowed in public, another extreme statement based on absolute nothing I have said. Or any kind of "logic".

5. I again said nothing about "constantly cleaning the dog.  Maintaining the health of your service animal can minimize potential allergens and is good for the animal.

6. Claiming something is stupid and absurd and telling someone to come back to reality (whose, yours?) before posting is insulting. I won't report you for that

Not sure what happened with the quoting and/or double post... :s

1. Claiming I don't know what logic is and that I don't know what give and take is is an insult.

2. You gave no examples of give and take. You gave two definitions. I gave the only example and only possibility which is the animal owners aren't allowed to take the animals in public.

3. Your entire argument is about not setting off the allergies so yes you did. A single particle is all it takes.

4. You said give and take which implies the only possibility which is animal owners can't take them in public.

5. Constantly cleaning the dog is the only way to minimize particles that set off allergies, but since it can't fully eliminate them, its pointless in the terms of this discussion, which only leaves the possibility of not taking the dog in public.

6. The reality I am talking about is the one that we live in. A single particle sets off allergies. Anyone that can't be around it every can't go outside ever since you are constantly bombarded with the particles. If you think it is insulting that I ask you to talk in terms of reality instead of some make believe land where magic keeps everyone happy, that's on you. It isn't unreasonable or insulting to expect people to keep a debate about a real world problem in the real world.

At this point, you have given no examples of anything, you have insulted me because you refuse to talk in terms of the real world, and at this point, I am pretty sure you are just trolling because people don't agree with your notions that aren't based in reality. So yea, reported.

1. Claiming I don't know what logic is and that I don't know what give and take is is an insult.

2. You gave no examples of give and take. You gave two definitions. I gave the only example and only possibility which is the animal owners aren't allowed to take the animals in public.

3. Your entire argument is about not setting off the allergies so yes you did. A single particle is all it takes.

4. You said give and take which implies the only possibility which is animal owners can't take them in public.

5. Constantly cleaning the dog is the only way to minimize particles that set off allergies, but since it can't fully eliminate them, its pointless in the terms of this discussion, which only leaves the possibility of not taking the dog in public.

6. The reality I am talking about is the one that we live in. A single particle sets off allergies. Anyone that can't be around it every can't go outside ever since you are constantly bombarded with the particles. If you think it is insulting that I ask you to talk in terms of reality instead of some make believe land where magic keeps everyone happy, that's on you. It isn't unreasonable or insulting to expect people to keep a debate about a real world problem in the real world.

At this point, you have given no examples of anything, you have insulted me because you refuse to talk in terms of the real world, and at this point, I am pretty sure you are just trolling because people don't agree with your notions that aren't based in reality. So yea, reported.

This discussion is finished, you have taken my statements out of context, twisted them, ignored others completely and now say I am trolling. Done.