Duncan Jones 'Warcraft' Movie begins Filming In January

why the orc aren't green?

Those orcs are not green yet because they have not drank Mannoroth's fel demon blood yet.

In lore so far there are:

Varieties of brown and black orcs: the normal orcs.

Green orcs: orcs that drank Mannoroth's blood and had partial exposure to fel energy.

Pale orcs: orcs who have followed the shadowy void and lived in caves digging for old relics.

Red orcs: orcs who have been for a very prolonged period of time exposed to fel and demonic energy.

Where's a trailer already.  Talking about dragging it out, hope we don't have to wait till blizzcon.

Trailer confirmed to be out in November. BlizzCon is in November. Do the math.

Where's a trailer already.  Talking about dragging it out, hope we don't have to wait till blizzcon.

In terms of lore they are different colours based on when they drank the blood of Manaroth and when they freed themselves etc.  How much that plays in the movie(s) none I imagine but that's why they've been different colours in the games.

There are both normal and fel orcs in the movie. The movie wouldn't happen if there aren't green orcs. They are the ones that invaded Azeroth.

I think this may be the first game to movie thats actually REALLY good (apart from Prince of Persia)

In terms of lore they are different colours based on when they drank the blood of Manaroth and when they freed themselves etc.  How much that plays in the movie(s) none I imagine but that's why they've been different colours in the games.

Are you referring to the cinematic we see at the start of Warlords of Draenor? I'm really not up to date with my Warcraft lore.

I'm not going to hold my breath.

Are you referring to the cinematic we see at the start of Warlords of Draenor? I'm really not up to date with my Warcraft lore.

Warcraft 3 reference, the orcs were corrupted by Manaroth when he tricked them from drinking from a fountain laced with his blood, thus turning them back into slaves

I'm not going to hold my breath.

Warcraft 3 reference, the orcs were corrupted by Manaroth when he tricked them from drinking from a fountain laced with his blood, thus turning them back into slaves

Ah. Like I said, I'm not up to date on the warcraft lore. And by I mean pretty much only know the basics.

• 3 months later...

I wonder if the movie will have people collecting items and then returning them to the quest givers.

And all of the movie dialogue isn't spoken. It just pops up in a window on the screen and the audience has to read it.

I wonder if the movie will have people collecting items and then returning them to the quest givers.

I really really hope (and I am being Honest here) that they show them killing at least one bore in the movie. 

And all of the movie dialogue isn't spoken. It just pops up in a window on the screen and the audience has to read it.

Me too, single handily the reason why I never got into WoW and ended up going into things along GW2/SWTOR/ESO. I had high hopes too! Hah! :(

I really really hope (and I am being Honest here) that they show them killing at least one bore in the movie. 

Haha, I think that'll be golden. 

.. you do know that's what happens in WoW right?

I don't jump on flight path or mounts with my toons. I just normally get on them like you get on a bike.

I don't jump on flight path or mounts with my toons. I just normally get on them like you get on a bike.

really? I do my best to jump on my dragons.

The movie will be more akin to cinematics, not WoW players summoning their mounts and telling anal <insert spell or ability> jokes over trade channel.

The movie will be more akin to cinematics, not WoW players summoning their mounts and telling anal <insert spell or ability> jokes over trade channel.

If there's no anal and thunderfury jokes then it's not a wow movie ;)

I don't see how a guy jumping on a flying bird from a tower and risking his life for absolutely no reason makes a movie more cinematic. IMO it makes it more dumb and cliché.

If there's no anal and thunderfury jokes then it's not a wow movie ;)

I don't see how a guy jumping on a flying bird from a tower and risking his life for absolutely no reason makes a movie more cinematic. IMO it makes it more dumb and cliché.

For the sake of argument, if you haven't seen the movie, you don't know what his reasons are.  Maybe he was in a hurry, being attacked by someone, etc.  Too early to say it's for no absolutely no reason.

Edited by Nerd Rage

For the sake of argument, if you haven't seen the movie, you don't know what his reasons are.  Maybe he was in a hurry, being attacked by someone, etc.  Too early to say it's for no absolutely no reason.

Hence my initial post stating it looks terrible (based on the teaser) and not it is terrible.

Let's be fair, it is a Warcraft Movie, not necessarily a WoW movie.

Instead we will have repetitive lines, animations on replay and then the occasional scene that is more animated and has proper dialogue.

Though to be honest, I will be very disappointed if we don't have a "More work?"