Windows 8.1 RTM Pro/Enterprise original iso's will be leaked by Wzor

Not true...

Are you sure? The disc has a full Windows image, the store update is supposed to be just an huge update. When you upgrade from Discs it will be probably be just like upgrading from 7 to 8, from the Store it'll be just like installing a service pack without programs installations being messed with.

People make a big deal out of not giving it to MSDN/TechNet right away but how have they handled SPs in the past?  Did MSDN get those right away when the OEMs did or was there a delay as well?  I know the general public never got SPs right off the bat either so it's nothing new in that regard with 8.1.

Honestly I think it's no big deal, developers do have the preview and I doubt any major API changes have been made from preview to rtm so from that side it's still the same.  Maybe MS will change it's mind and give it to developers, a bit later, maybe mid Sept.

Looks like it isn't finding the files? Does it eventually give an error?

It doesn't do anything, I just see my dvd drive working but nothing is happening.

post-285272-0-66600300-1377871682.png

It doesn't do anything, I just see my dvd drive working but nothing is happening.

attachicon.gif2013-08-30_100642.png

Using an external CD ROM mine took about 12 minutes to complete. On another note, I run Emsisoft Anti-malware and it picks up the following:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSAC3ENC.DLL as a Gen:Variant.Graftor.6958(B) and classifies it as high risk. False positive possibly? Hopefully?

Edit: Does not pick it up on retail Win 8

Can anyone explain to me why in my watermark (actually why I even have a watermark now??) it says that SecureBoot isn't configured correctly???

Forget the secureboot question it's been answered already, didn't see it. But I would like to know I still have the watermark at all when my Win 8.1 is activated?

I already installed Windows 8.1 RTM, and for some reason it seems much faster than the Windows 8.1 Pro Preview.

Using an external CD ROM mine took about 12 minutes to complete. On another note, I run Emsisoft Anti-malware and it picks up the following:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSAC3ENC.DLL as a Gen:Variant.Graftor.6958(B) and classifies it as high risk. False positive possibly? Hopefully?

Edit: Does not pick it up on retail Win

I don't have a external CD ROM...anybody know another way??

I don't have a external CD ROM...anybody know another way??

You can also extract the .iso in windows and upgrade that way. Works just as well

I already installed Windows 8.1 RTM, and for some reason it seems much faster than the Windows 8.1 Pro Preview.

That's what I want to hear... how much improvement as compare to Windows 7 in your opinion on a rough estimate..

That's what I want to hear... how much improvement as compare to Windows 7 in your opinion on a rough estimate..

I think that Windows 8.1 is much better than Windows 7 and Windows 8 combined. :)

You can also extract the .iso in windows and upgrade that way. Works just as well

Sorry I'm not sure what your talking about, but I have the RTM installed already I just want to get .NET 3.5 installed.

Anyone having any issues creating bootable USB or DVD for the installation? I just get an error on the last parts of the copy process.

Tried both USB and DVD. 

Also running directly from the ISO for an upgrade fails with "Something went wrong". Any tip?

I think that Windows 8.1 is much better than Windows 7 and Windows 8 combined. :)

Gonna install it tonight then... Thanks for a quick reply...

Gonna install it tonight then... Thanks for a quick reply...

You're welcome, dude. 

Is there a way to activate it?

Yes. Just use your legitimate Windows 8 key. :)

Can anyone explain to me why in my watermark (actually why I even have a watermark now??) it says that SecureBoot isn't configured correctly???

Forget the secureboot question it's been answered already, didn't see it. But I would like to know I still have the watermark at all when my Win 8.1 is activated?

You need to make sure it's activated. If you're 100% sure it's activated, just restart and see if that helps.

Just keep in mind guys that the RTM build that you're likely installing is according to Microsoft themselves, not up to snuff to run on production machines and needs a post RTM patch that they plan to put out via Windows Update.

Put this on my laptop last night and activated with my Win 8 key. Works great, however font on some things like windows and IE looks somewhat blurry kinda like the preview did. Start8, Decor8, and ModernMix work great too!

Sorry I'm not sure what your talking about, but I have the RTM installed already I just want to get .NET 3.5 installed.

If your still unable to install it manually as per the instructions I posted earlier, your other option is to download .NET framework offline installer. You can get it from here http://www.askvg.com/download-microsoft-net-framework-3-5-offline-installer-for-windows-8/

You need to make sure it's activated. If you're 100% sure it's activated, just restart and see if that helps.

I've restarted a couple of times already, and when I check in systems and security in systems it says that its activated.

Anyone having any issues creating bootable USB or DVD for the installation? I just get an error on the last parts of the copy process.

Tried both USB and DVD. 

Also running directly from the ISO for an upgrade fails with "Something went wrong". Any tip?

Ok, I got it sorted. I attached the portable burner to a different computer. Not sure why that happened, but most like the AV software.

So now I'm running Win 8.1 activated with my original Win8 key. All is good and I'm really liking the changes that have been implemented!