Avengers: Age of Ultron

Read the post somewhere else because the link isn't working anymore for some reason. If JARVIS really is going to go rogue then that would cause lots of troubles for Iron Man's suit I think.

Maybe because its a rumour more then anything

Maybe because its a rumour more then anything

Fair enough. Would be interesting of it was true though!

Well it is possible that's why I brought it up. They are both pretty intelligent AI.

It could make things interesting for sure. Definitely if JARVIS is going rogue because Iron Man's suits are being operated by him.

It could make things interesting for sure. Definitely if JARVIS is going rogue because Iron Man's suits are being operated by him.

Yeah and especially Tony is really dependent on JARVIS too. Hmmm.. Remember what Tony and Bruce Banner/Hulk talked about on the Helicarrier in the Avengers? They said something about controlling their creations or something. Bruce said that Tony learned to control his invention while Bruce couldn't before. If JARVIS does go rougue and become Ultron I think that line of Tony controlling his invention is in question. 

Yeah and especially Tony is really dependent on JARVIS too.

That's exactly what I meant :p

Hmmm.. Remember what Tony and Bruce Banner/Hulk talked about on the Helicarrier in the Avengers? They said something about controlling their creations or something. Bruce said that Tony learned to control his invention while Bruce couldn't before. If JARVIS does go rougue and become Ultron I think that line of Tony controlling his invention is in question.

True that. I wonder what Tony will do if JARVIS goes rogue. Maybe he has a backup or something.

That's exactly what I meant :p

True that. I wonder what Tony will do if JARVIS goes rogue. Maybe he has a backup or something.

I still don't get why Jarvis would simply go rogue though? Perfectly understandable if he gets hacked or a virus because remember in Avengers when we first see Tony Stark and agent Coulson was overriding Jarvis's security protocols so he could contact Tony?

I still don't get why Jarvis would simply go rogue though? Perfectly understandable if he gets hacked or a virus because remember in Avengers when we first see Tony Stark and agent Coulson was overriding Jarvis's security protocols so he could contact Tony?

Maybe there's some unfinished code or something inside JARVIS's code which started doing it's own thing. The later sounds more plausible though :p

1guHx.png

James Spader will face off against Earth?s Mightiest Heroes as the villain in Marvel?s "Avengers: Age of Ultron," the sequel to 2012?s record-breaking "Marvel?s The Avengers." The Emmy Award-winning actor will play Ultron in the Avengers? much anticipated return to the big screen from writer/director Joss Whedon. The film comes to theaters on May 1, 2015.

Spader earned three Emmy Awards for his role as Alan Shore on "Boston Legal" and "The Practice," and will return to television this fall in NBC?s highly anticipated series "The Blacklist." Most recently Spader was seen in the critically-acclaimed film "Lincoln" directed by Steven Spielberg and has previously worked with a long list of accomplished film directors including David Cronenberg, Curtis Hansen, Sidney Lumet, Mike Nichols, Tim Robbins, Robert Rodriguez, Steven Soderbergh, and Oliver Stone. David Mamet also directed Spader in the Broadway play Race.

"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will bring the Marvel Universe?s biggest heroes together again to face one of their biggest villains, with "Marvel?s The Avengers" director Joss Whedon returning to write and direct the sequel. "Marvel?s The Avengers" was released in 2012 and went on to earn $1.5 billion worldwide, making it the third-largest grossing movie of all time.

Spader is represented by ICM Partners and his lawyer Melanie Cook at Ziffren Brittenham.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=86160

Hummm.... interesting choice of casting. He hadn't done a movie in a long time until Lincoln came along (Secretary was awesome). I don't know how Whedon is going to use Ultron but I would've liked to see someone like Viggo Mortensen or Mark Strong in that role.

Hummm.... interesting choice of casting. He hadn't done a movie in a long time until Lincoln came along (Secretary was awesome). I don't know how Whedon is going to use Ultron but I would've liked to see someone like Viggo Mortensen or Mark Strong in that role.

He needs to be Dr Strange

I've never heard of the guy. lol. Well there goes the Jarvis going rogue theory. OR. has it really gone? Maybe it is still JARVIS going rogue and when he turns into Ultron, he will get Spader's voice? 

All I can think of now is Daniel Jackson (StarGate) as Ultron :p

Well there was that one "dream sequence" episode of SG-1 where Danny got the knowledge of the Goa'ould and went all darkside on us...  He was pretty badass in that ep...

Well there was that one "dream sequence" episode of SG-1 where Danny got the knowledge of the Goa'ould and went all darkside on us...  He was pretty badass in that ep...

Oh wait.. Wrong actor! Doh! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Writer-director Joss Whedon explains why James Spader is the perfect choice for Ultron:

"Spader was my first and only choice, he's got that hypnotic voice that can be eerily calm and compelling. But he's also very human and humorous. Ultron is not HAL, Spader can play all of the levels. He's the guy to break the Avengers into pieces."

http://marvel.com/news/story/21145/watch_marvels_the_watcher_2013_-_episode_31_-_whedon_ultron_exclusive

• 2 weeks later...