Avengers: Age of Ultron

The first mention of The Avengers sequel filming in South Africa was that Marvel were only scouting the location back in May, but here's an indication that the studio has received approval

x

The first mention of The Avengers sequel filming in South Africa was that Marvel were only scouting the location back in May, but here's an indication that the studio has received approval

x

Now I know they probably didn't chose the location for story reasons, but South Africa.... does that mean we can somehow get Wakanda sneaking into this movie?

Disney is going to have some big movies coming out with their name on it. I am looking forward Star Wars Episode VII and this.

Now I know they probably didn't chose the location for story reasons, but South Africa.... does that mean we can somehow get Wakanda sneaking into this movie?

That's certainly the hint I feel

Thomas Krestchmann Cast As 'Baron von Strucker'

Thomas Kretschmann, who plays Abraham van Helsing on NBC?s Dracula, has been cast as classic Marvel villain Baron Wolfgang von Strucker in Joss Wheedon's Avengers: Age Of Ultron. In the comics Baron von Strucker is a former Nazi officer who becomes one of the heads of HYDRA. We has heard rumors that the character would pop up in the sequel, and they were evidently spot on. That same scoop from the Latino Review boys mentioned that Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor Johnson) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) start out as bad guys working for the Baron, so we'll see if that part pans out also. THR also reveal that Kretschmann's deal is for several movies.

Src

Thomas Kretschmann, who plays Abraham van Helsing on NBC?s Dracula, has been cast as classic Marvel villain Baron Wolfgang von Strucker in Joss Wheedon's Avengers: Age Of Ultron. In the comics Baron von Strucker is a former Nazi officer who becomes one of the heads of HYDRA. We has heard rumors that the character would pop up in the sequel, and they were evidently spot on. That same scoop from the Latino Review boys mentioned that Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor Johnson) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) start out as bad guys working for the Baron, so we'll see if that part pans out also. THR also reveal that Kretschmann's deal is for several movies.

Src

That's a great casting. I remember him in King Kong. 

Src

Hm, interesting that the both of them are working for von Strucker!

• 3 weeks later...

Avengers: Age Of Ultron Casts Kim Soo Hyun

According to the site, a staff member involved in her casting said ?Kim Soo Hyun is to star as a partner of Iron Man Tony Stark, played by Robert Downey Jr., as a doctor.? The staff member said she would have a lot of major scenes where she aids Tony Stark in the middle of the film, however some other sites, including KpopStarz, are reporting that she was cast as a villain.

Kim Soo Hyun is a Korean actress known for roles in Korean dramas and movies, including 7th Grade Civil Servant. She was chosen over at least 40 other actresses who auditioned. Director Joss Whedon reportedly went to Korea for the final round of casting. Kim Soo Hyun was chosen, partly, because of her fluency in English.

Source: ComicBook.com

And a closer look at Batroc:

Screenshot-on-2014-02-02-at-10.49.59.png

nquLWwwRPUKL.png

Paul Bettany to Play the Vision in Marvel?s ?Avengers: Age of Ultron?

Paul Bettany, best known in the Marvel world for voicing Jarvis, Tony Stark?s helpful A.I. system, will be playing the Vision in Marvel?s ?The Avengers: Age of Ultron.?

Production starts next month, with director Joss Whedon and cast members like Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans. The Vision was an android created by the robotic villain Ultron, who was meant to be one of Ultron?s henchmen but who instead turns against him and becomes a hero.

Kevin Feige will produce.

Bettany is repped by UTA and Affirmative Entertainment and can be seen next in Alcon?s ?Transcendence.? The Daily Mail first broke the news.

Src

• Like 3

nquLWwwRPUKL.png

Paul Bettany to Play the Vision in Marvel?s ?Avengers: Age of Ultron?

Paul Bettany, best known in the Marvel world for voicing Jarvis, Tony Stark?s helpful A.I. system, will be playing the Vision in Marvel?s ?The Avengers: Age of Ultron.?

Production starts next month, with director Joss Whedon and cast members like Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans. The Vision was an android created by the robotic villain Ultron, who was meant to be one of Ultron?s henchmen but who instead turns against him and becomes a hero.

Kevin Feige will produce.

Bettany is repped by UTA and Affirmative Entertainment and can be seen next in Alcon?s ?Transcendence.? The Daily Mail first broke the news.

Src

Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep. Vision is probably my favourite Marvel character, I loved him ever since I seen an episode of the Avengers Cartoon in the 90's.

Also since Bettany will presumably still be playing Jarvis, perhaps Jarvis becomes Vision?

Maybe Ultron still creates him, but he is using Vision to kill Tony Stark, by camoflauging JARVIS's voice? lol. After all, Tony trusts JARVIS.

Pretty much, from my own research into the matter he is an "eternal" which is essentially a god from what I can make of it. He is immortal, highly intelligent and did I mention immortal? he is way beyond anything we have seen before, going straight to battling him would be a mistake because after that the only way to go really, is down....this is purely my opinion so feel free to correct me if I'm totally wrong.

That also explains why no Galactus yet - he's beyond even Thanos.  (Worse, Galactus has a Big Appetite - he eats whole planets.)  Further, unlike Thanos, Galactus is not necessarily *bad* or even *evil* - he simply happened to choose the wrong planet to put on the menu.

That also explains why no Galactus yet - he's beyond even Thanos.  (Worse, Galactus has a Big Appetite - he eats whole planets.)  Further, unlike Thanos, Galactus is not necessarily *bad* or even *evil* - he simply happened to choose the wrong planet to put on the menu.

I'd also just assumed that they didn't have the rights to use the character due to his use in those awkward Fantastic Four movies.

Description of Visions Costume:

It has a helmet akin to the Iron Man armor, but it?s designed more like a face than a smooth Stark helmet. The iconic yellow and green are present in the design, but it?s more metallic shades than bright ?comic book colors.? They said it reminds them somewhat of the T-100 from Terminator 2 but it?s not as shiny. The yellow metal ?liquid? bits seem to light up. This may or may not happen since there are two designs for that section. One lights up the other doesn?t. That?s the only difference. The cape is present, but they say it appears to only ?pop out? when in flight mode. The cap sports some similar shades of yellow as the body. The ?neck pieces? are the same yellow but they seem to shift positions from ?standing? (for lack of a better word) to ?flight mode.?

Src

Maybe Ultron still creates him, but he is using Vision to kill Tony Stark, by camoflauging JARVIS's voice? lol. After all, Tony trusts JARVIS.

Would be odd because why would Tony Stark trust a robot that suddenly appears and has JARVIS's voice? :P He'd think it's suspicious at the least I bet.

Would be odd because why would Tony Stark trust a robot that suddenly appears and has JARVIS's voice? :p He'd think it's suspicious at the least I bet.

it's Jarvis in Humanoid form. LOL.

it's Jarvis in Humanoid form. LOL.

I know. But JARVIS is made by Tony Stark and you're saying Tony trusts JARVIS (as a voice). And you're saying Ultron build The Vision and puts JARVIS's voice in it. How would Tony Stark still trust that thing while it has JARVIS's voice? If anyone besides Tony Stark builds something and puits JARVIS's voice in it, there's no way that Tony Stark would trust that thing.

Also, The Vision is a synthezoid :p

Perhaps The Vision will be made by Tony Stark in this in this version of the Marvel Universe. Maybe they'll skip the part where The Vision was evil before it joined the Avengers. I don't think that happen though. Maybe Ultron downloads parts of JARVIS through Iron Man's suit?

I know. But JARVIS is made by Tony Stark and you're saying Tony trusts JARVIS (as a voice). And you're saying Ultron build The Vision and puts JARVIS's voice in it. How would Tony Stark still trust that thing while it has JARVIS's voice? If anyone besides Tony Stark builds something and puits JARVIS's voice in it, there's no way that Tony Stark would trust that thing.

Also, The Vision is a synthezoid :p

Perhaps The Vision will be made by Tony Stark in this in this version of the Marvel Universe. Maybe they'll skip the part where The Vision was evil before it joined the Avengers. I don't think that happen though. Maybe Ultron downloads parts of JARVIS through Iron Man's suit?

It's not a trust thing. He's familiar with Jarvis. That's what I mean. It's kind of like one of those things you hear your friend behind you, you certainly know who he is, even if you don't turn around, but when you do, it's a totally different person. Why would Stark make The Vision and For what reason?  If he made Vision, then there's no way he could have made Ultron. That doesn't make sense.

Also, The Vision is a synthezoid :p[/size]

Oh I have seen that before, IGN brought this up earlier...we have seen the synth before

080220141391819048.jpg

Oh I have seen that before, IGN brought this up earlier...we have seen the synth before

Snip!

That is a good catch!

It's not a trust thing. He's familiar with Jarvis. That's what I mean. It's kind of like one of those things you hear your friend behind you, you certainly know who he is, even if you don't turn around, but when you do, it's a totally different person. Why would Stark make The Vision and For what reason?  If he made Vision, then there's no way he could have made Ultron. That doesn't make sense.

But who said Stark is making Ultron? In the comic books it's Hank Pym who creates him. And then Ultron creates The Vision to take care of Hank Pym and his family. Maybe The Vision will be another experiment of Tony Stark because we all know how he panicked after New York. Perhaps he saw he had to change his ways after what happened in Iron Man 3.

I'm sure Stark would still not "trust" that voice though since the voice is already in his suit. There's no way he'd think of the voice as if it's a friend if the voice is inside something he didn't build.

Trying to figure out who and what is pointless at this point though because we don't even have a plot yet.