Women gang raped by 10-12 juveniles in park

WILMINGTON, DE -- Police say they're investigating the alleged gang rape of two women during daylight at a Wilmington city park.

The attack was reported at approximately 6:54 p.m. Thursday in Kosciuszko Park, located on the 600 block of South Franklin Street, in the area of Broom Street in Wilmington's Hedgeville Community. The park is about three-blocks long.

Police said the victims are two women, ages 32 and 24. Police said the suspects were reported to be "approximately 10 to 12 black male juveniles," adding that no further descriptions are available.

Officers responded to a 9-1-1 call from one of the victims reporting a rape, and the two women were taken by ambulance to Christiana Hospital.

"Initial investigation suggested the victims were in Kosciuszko Park when they were approached by a group of juveniles. The juveniles assaulted the victims and fled in an unknown direction," police said in a news release.

Investigators said the women were sitting in the park at the time.

It's unclear if there were witnesses, and the conditions of the women were not released. But police said they're seeking the public's help to identify the attackers.

Police are stepping up patrols so women should not feel afraid to be in the park alone, they said.

FOX'S Leigh Scheps reported live from Wilmington on Friday night that she talked to several young women who live in the neighborhood and said they are scared to be out alone.

The park may look picture-perfect, but many people like Tabita Ares say its deceiving.

"It is a nightmare, especially at night, and even during the day," Ares said."

Still, it's hard to stay away, Ares said, mentioning that she walks around daytime and nighttime "because so much has happens in this beautiful park."

Frank Roberts, who has lived across the street from Kosciuszko Park for more than 35 years, told us, ""I can't believe it. ... Didn't hear a thing. None or us did. We were all home."

Despite the stepped up patrols in the park, Roberts isn't taking any chances with his 20-year-old granddaughter.

"I'm gonna to tell her to stay out of the park after dark -- or during the day," he said.

Police are still working to track down the violent teens. Anyone with information should call Detective Joseph Cooper at 302-576-3634, the Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at 302-576-3990, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333, or tips can be submitted online at www.tipsubmit.com.

source

Wow. Well maybe they'll pick someone next time that can more defend themselves.

Guys are kind of busy zipping and unzipping themselves. Bang. Then we'll all have to watch the media portraying them as good kids.

Humanity is a ######ing waste anymore.

Guys are kind of busy zipping and unzipping themselves. Bang. Then we'll all have to watch the media portraying them as good kids.

Humanity is a ****ing waste anymore.

Mankind is even more depraved and it won't get better any time soon:

Man 'raped a baby leaving her hospitalized and requiring surgery'

• Anthony Dean Blackwell was wanted on charges of raping a child he was babysitting on June 9 in Pulaski, Tennessee
  • Less than 24 hours after being added to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations Top Ten Most Wanted list, Blackwell was apprehended outside a bar in Huntsville, Alabama

source

A father was yesterday sentenced to two life terms in prison for causing the death of his 15-week-old daughter while he was orally raping her.

Steven Deuman Jr, 26, of Traverse City, Michigan, was convicted of first-degree murder and aggravated sexual assault after jurors - who were subjected to disturbing testimony and photos - took less than an hour to convict him in September.

Read more

Mankind is even more depraved and it won't get better any time soon:

Man 'raped a baby leaving her hospitalized and requiring surgery'

• Anthony Dean Blackwell was wanted on charges of raping a child he was babysitting on June 9 in Pulaski, Tennessee
  • Less than 24 hours after being added to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations Top Ten Most Wanted list, Blackwell was apprehended outside a bar in Huntsville, Alabama
source

A father was yesterday sentenced to two life terms in prison for causing the death of his 15-week-old daughter while he was orally raping her.

Steven Deuman Jr, 26, of Traverse City, Michigan, was convicted of first-degree murder and aggravated sexual assault after jurors - who were subjected to disturbing testimony and photos - took less than an hour to convict him in September.

Read more

Yeah screw that. We should have very serious public executions. Just so anyone is watching in doing that ###### watches it and is like "you know, maybe I shouldn't. ".

But we won't ever do that in this country. We cater to everyone.

If a women was grabbed unaware, a firearm wouldn't have done anything for her. It very well may have given her attackers more of an upper hand if they went through her belongings and found it. You have to perceive of or anticipate a potential crime for a firearm to be useful.

Having said that, I am generally anti-gun, but I think women could benefit from being able to arm themselves. In my state (Victoria) we've had more than a few sickening crimes against women and I sometimes wonder if those women had been armed would they be still alive today?

I don't want to get into a big pro-gun/anti-gun debate. I think we can all agree this crime is wholly despicable and the perpetrators should b dealt with harshly.

It's pretty sad that women today have to worry about things like this in a park in broad daylight.  Perhaps having a big dog as a companion would help remedy this threat?

• Like 3

Hopefully Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will comment. :pinch:

:pinch:

Why would they? Self-elected community leaders are interested in expanding their own influence and power. That is why they are self-elected: no opposition, no votes, no elections; no criticisms? No worries!

:pinch:

Why would they? Self-elected community leaders are interested in expanding their own influence and power. That is why they are self-elected: no opposition, no votes, no elections; no criticisms? No worries!

compl3x, you took the bait, lol. :D

Yeah screw that. We should have very serious public executions. Just so anyone is watching in doing that **** watches it and is like "you know, maybe I shouldn't. ".

But we won't ever do that in this country. We cater to everyone.

Executions have NEVER reduced crime, violent or otherwise, and only encourages a more violent society. 

• Like 3

they would never do that. they don't want to be humiliated in front of their criminals friends and family.

Executions have NEVER reduced crime, violent or otherwise, and only encourages a more violent society. 

executions behind closed doors do nothing, public executions on the other hand may help. no trial, no jury, just straight to the gallows.

executions behind closed doors do nothing, public executions on the other hand may help. no trial, no jury, just straight to the gallows.

You would have us become worse savages than the criminals themselves?

You would have us become worse savages than the criminals themselves?

I wouldn't consider it savagery if it was indeed said criminal caught in the act and the act itself was severe enough to warrant such a decision

I know an eye for an eye doesn't solve anything but in some cases I think the complete removal of some people from the face of the planet

I know if my wife or one of my daughters were the victims of such a crime, what I would do to the perpetrators.

• Like 3

What you seek is vengeance, not justice.  Society doesn't need vengeance; it needs to see that our laws work and that proper punishment, as decided by the people of the society, is properly meted out in as unemotional fashion as possible.

What's wrong with our legal system is that the lawyers have been allowed to place their profits over the truth, thus dragging out cases for years that should be resolved in weeks.

• Like 3

Executions have reduced serious crimes in many places, just because the global population has increased and more serious crimes occur doesn't mean executions did nothing. In certain countries they remove your hand if you steal something and their crime rates are tiny so harsh penalties are a big deterrent. 

What you seek is vengeance, not justice.  Society doesn't need vengeance; it needs to see that our laws work and that proper punishment, as decided by the people of the society, is properly meted out in as unemotional fashion as possible.

What's wrong with our legal system is that the lawyers have been allowed to place their profits over the truth, thus dragging out cases for years that should be resolved in weeks.

Its not just lawyers a convicted rapist was released on parole in Victoria for good behavior and he raped and murdered a TV personality, if she wasn't famous he probably would've gotten away with it too. So you can blame lawyers, parole board, police, judges, jury, jury board, society, etc.. But it wasn't them who did the crime.

Its not just lawyers a convicted rapist was released on parole in Victoria for good behavior and he raped and murdered a TV personality, if she wasn't famous he probably would've gotten away with it too. So you can blame lawyers, parole board, police, judges, jury, jury board, society, etc.. But it wasn't them who did the crime.

No they didn't commit the crime, but it was they who released a dangerous criminal before his sentence was completed.

I don't believe in parole.  If you're sentenced to prison for 20 years, you should be in there for 20 years, period.  The only time you should get out early is if new evidence is revealed that proves innocence.

Also, it's no good just locking people away for years and forgetting about them.  If you're not going to execute them, then you can't release them back into society until they're ready to rejoin it without becoming another parasite.  That means you have to at least try to rehabilitate them into become productive members of society.

No they didn't commit the crime, but it was they who released a dangerous criminal before his sentence was completed.

I don't believe in parole.  If you're sentenced to prison for 20 years, you should be in there for 20 years, period.  The only time you should get out early is if new evidence is revealed that proves innocence.

Also, it's no good just locking people away for years and forgetting about them.  If you're not going to execute them, then you can't release them back into society until they're ready to rejoin it without becoming another parasite.  That means you have to at least try to rehabilitate them into become productive members of society.

Yes but if he was executed for his original crimes (Which were very serious btw, Several Rape and brutal Assault charges and Attempted Murder on one or two of his victims which he left for dead) there would be no chance or re-occurrence.

• Like 1

Yes but if he was executed for his original crimes (Which were very serious btw, Several Rape and brutal Assault charges and Attempted Murder on one or two of his victims which he left for dead) there would be no chance or re-occurrence.

I find myself agreeing with both of you here, you for this post and FFM for

but I don't know of a better system to use here, so I find myself thinking 'how much better the world would be without these types of criminal in it'

(trying to maintain a neutral standpoint, but I will stand by my earlier post)

I'm not arguing against executions. When a mad dog attacks a human, you put that dog down to prevent it from attacking others.  What I'm arguing against is Timsters assertion that there should be no trial and no jury.  If we do that, we become that which we hate.

Too true. The biggest problem with the system seems to be the lawyers themselves. They've twisted the whole system into a pretzel, concocting all types of excuses and ###### mitigating circumstances to get criminals off the hook.