1-year-old Brooklyn boy shot in head, killed as parents push stroller

Wow, I have a little 9-month old girl.  If something like this happened to her, I can't imagine how I would be able to deal with it.

I was replying to a comment, that's what you do on forums..

I see, never knew you were forced to reply to every comment you dont agree with.

Anyway, this is terrible, gun's debate aside. Cant imagine that surreal moment when you were strolling your infant and the next second he/she's dead.

Eh.. people still have guns in Canada.  Granted they are for hunting moose and whales during the 2 months of summer, and 10/12 months are spent in Igloos.. it does still happen.  Snow is only so hard.

You cannot carry a firearm in canada unless it is in a case and unloaded. Some models can remain loaded between hunting session but not all. There's no conceal and carry permit avalaible for normal citizen anyway not in the province of quebec. Only policemen and military have such privilege. Some bodyguards can too but not all (PM bodyguards can). But that's about it i think. If you are arrested with a gun loaded in a place where you can't use it (even inside your own house) you can face up to 2 years behind bars i think. From what i know the only place you can legally load and use a firearm is in a shooting range and where you can hunt.

BTW in canada you can't shoot intruders in your house with illegal guns. If you do so you might end up behind bars even if it was a self defense case. You'll be prosecuted for illegal use of a firearm instead of murder.

My point was that things that are sad and irreverent aren't "news"...

I guess it is news but it annoys me no end that the media seems to promote this type of news over many other things happening in the world.

I guess it is news but it annoys me no end that the media seems to promote this type of news over many other things happening in the world.

News: 1. newly received or noteworthy information, esp. about recent or important events.

I would argue that this is not "news"...
This is nothing more than a sad story, promoting negative thoughts on society.

News: 1. newly received or noteworthy information, esp. about recent or important events.

I would argue that this is not "news"...
This is nothing more than a sad story, promoting negative thoughts on society.

You're arguing against your own definition.

It's a recent event.

It's newly received.

It's noteworthy to at least some.

Those in the area might consider it important to know there's a baby killer around, especially if they have kids of their own.

You've just got your panties in a bunch because you don't like that's it's also a terribly tragic and upsetting story.  Sorry, but the real world is not all fairy cakes and sunshine.   If you don't like that, then I suggest this section is not appropriate for you.

Funny how you say its allowed to happen. Its not allowed to happen, its called murder. Oh and BTW you're no worse than the murderer because you want him to have the same fate.  :rolleyes:

Of course murder shouldn't be allowed. I was commenting on the fact of how retardedly easy it is to get guns in this country.

And did you seriously just say I'm as bad as a baby murderer because I want justice for this kid and his family? I didn't even say he should get shot in the head. I just said "he should get whats coming to him", in other words, whatever punishment the system/universe deems equal to his/her horrific crime. Come on. Are you that freaking moronic?

Of course murder shouldn't be allowed. I was commenting on the fact of how retardedly easy it is to get guns in this country.

And did you seriously just say I'm as bad as a baby murderer because I want justice for this kid and his family? I didn't even say he should get shot in the head. I just said "he should get whats coming to him", in other words, whatever punishment the system/universe deems equal to his/her horrific crime. Come on. Are you that freaking moronic?

You just want vengeance.  

Yup, sad as it is, but not unexpected whatsoever, there will be more, and worse to come. Such a shame, heartbreaking.

Enjoy your guns, cause it's your god given right to have them.

Another victim of the United States of Guns.

I wonder when the NRA are going to appear and say the child might have survived if it also had a gun?

Ignorant comment is ignorant.

I bet you think that if guns are outlawed, criminals won't have guns.

...here some interesting information that this CNN article left out.

The New York Post reported that his father, Anthony Hennis, has a record of more than 20 arrests in New York and Pennsylvania for narcotics, weapons possession and other crimes. The Daily News said detectives believe the shooting was payback for an earlier dispute.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/02/child-shot-in-head/2754539/

Hennis made it clear he was not ready to talk about any of it.

Anthony Hennis hadn't been cooperating with police, in part because he is a known gang member with 20 prior arrests, but now that has changed according to police.

"They keep hitting targets that have nothing to do with their beefs," community activist Tony Herbert said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=9234200

...here some interesting information that this CNN article left out.

The New York Post reported that his father, Anthony Hennis, has a record of more than 20 arrests in New York and Pennsylvania for narcotics, weapons possession and other crimes. The Daily News said detectives believe the shooting was payback for an earlier dispute.

Ahh, OK then, that makes it alright, explains why the youngster had to die, all clear now.

Ahh, OK then, that makes it alright, explains why the youngster had to die, all clear now.

I know your just being a sarcasic troll...its not alright this child lost it life...but take off the blinders and take a look at the enviroment these children are put in. Maybe you think you can gangbang at night and push a baby by day...and all will end in a fairy tale....but I hate to rain on your post toasties. Some just want to put all the blame on the Gun.

You can't be serious. Occupation has nothing to do with guns.

You're absolutely right!...you should team up with al shapton and let the daddy know that his occupation of gang-banger with 20 arrest involving drugs and illegal gun possession...should have nothing to do with guns...that if a rival gang-banger wants revenge...to take it to Judge Judy. I'm sure you believe that when daddy's enviroment is drug/gun and violent related...that it's timeout when daddys taking the baby on a stroll..... :rolleyes: