Rapist may have contracted HIV from victim

I don't even know why so many people are arguing with you, you're the one acting like the criminal is a victim. I know where you stand with criminals now though.

Your desire for violent retributive revenge has nothing to do with justice, it does however say a lot about you as a person. Saying that violence doesn't serve justice isn't the same thing as treating the criminal like a victim.

Exactly. Wishing someone to come to harm is just depravity and makes you no better than him morally.

Oh please you are hardly the person to judge others..

I am acting like he is a criminal who should receive his just punishment, which is jail time and hopefully rehabilitation. You are acting like anyone who does anything wrong should receive more than the fair punishment. Let's just go back to old days where we cut off the hands of thieves. Did you know adultery is still illegal in many places. Lets stone anyone that cheats. People who advocate revenge instead of justice show their depravity.

Show me where this guy was punitively infected with AIDS as part of his punishment or where anyone has said he should be. Nowhere.

His contact with HIV was entirely though his own doing, thus many of us don't feel sorry for his pathetic ass for getting infected. Call us depraved, I don't care. Going forward I can safely say any condemnation from the likes of you will only be held as a badge of honor.

Who said anything about feeling sorry for him? I don't feel sorry for random people who have random bad things happen to them. That's life. However, you are not advocating that. You are advocating bad things happening to random people you don't even know.

I know he's a rapist that's all I need to know.Why do I need to know this person? He's not a good person.

"she awoke to find him raping her from behind"

Heavy sleeper?

It said she had taken a sleeping tablet. Those can be pretty strong, especially if she hadn't been asleep for very long. Might also explain why she didn't react fully when she did 'wake up'... it's hard to be coherent at that point. I've taken them and if I try to get up or move around too soon I feel like I'm going to faint and have to lie back down. So yeah, I can see this happening.

Good. 

Show me where this guy was punitively infected with AIDS as part of his punishment or where anyone has said he should be. Nowhere.

Right there. Very first reply.

I know he's a rapist that's all I need to know.Why do I need to know this person? He's not a good person.

So because you judged him not to be a good person, it is a good thing he got aids. That's depravity.

It said she had taken a sleeping tablet. Those can be pretty strong, especially if she hadn't been asleep for very long. Might also explain why she didn't react fully when she did 'wake up'... it's hard to be coherent at that point. I've taken them and if I try to get up or move around too soon I feel like I'm going to faint and have to lie back down. So yeah, I can see this happening.

I've taken a few different types of sleeping and depression medication and the effects vary from drowsiness to almost complete sedation. It's easy to imagine them making it very hard for someone to fight off an attacker.

Right there. Very first reply.

You have some very special glasses that allow you to see words that have never been written.  Did they cost much?

So because you judged him not to be a good person, it is a good thing he got aids. That's depravity.

I never said it was a good thing. I said its a consequence of his actions the loser shouldn't have done what he did, if he didn't he wouldn't have gotten HIV and a jail sentence.

I've taken a few different types of sleeping and depression medication and the effects vary from drowsiness to almost complete sedation. It's easy to imagine them making it very hard for someone to fight off an attacker.

I usually wake up feeling like I'm still dreaming for the first 5 to 10 minutes. She may have thought it was just a bad nightmare.

I never said it was a good thing. I said its a consequence of his actions the loser shouldn't have done what he did, if he didn't he wouldn't have gotten HIV and a jail sentence.

Good. 

Its the very first thing you said.

I don't think anyone can say this man is a good person, by any standards.

You keep using this word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

By the definition, you defending someone like this makes you fairly 'depraved' yourself. Defending 'moral corruption'?

Even the guy himself is complying with the authorities and seems remorseful. He isn't angry or trying to lash out against her for the allegations. He knows it was wrong. Maybe he can get some help for his drug problem, maybe he CAN be rehabilitated. But he took a lot of risks and it's hard to feel sorry for someone who does something wrong and then something bad happens to him as a result of it. Play with fire, get burned, etc. I don't think acknowledging this makes someone 'depraved'. Too often justice doesn't seem to be served, so it's normal for us to feel a bit glad when someone does directly pay for the act they committed--the kind of natural consequences that do not depend on any legal system.

I don't think anyone can say this man is a good person, by any standards.

You keep using this word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

By the definition, you defending someone like this makes you fairly 'depraved' yourself. Defending 'moral corruption'?

Even the guy himself is complying with the authorities and seems remorseful. He isn't angry or trying to lash out against her for the allegations. He knows it was wrong. Maybe he can get some help for his drug problem, maybe he CAN be rehabilitated. But he took a lot of risks and it's hard to feel sorry for someone who does something wrong and then something bad happens to him as a result of it. Play with fire, get burned, etc. I don't think acknowledging this makes someone 'depraved'.

I never defended him as being a rapist. I defended him as being a human being who is getting the just punishment for what he did, which is jail time. Nobody asked anybody to feel sorry for him. I just think it is ridiculous that people respond with good to someone getting aids. No different than the story yesterday about the cake shop owners having the lives of there kids threaten because they don't believe in gay marriage. People like that are no better than the people they are judging. No regard for other people. There is a difference between acknowledgement and suggesting it is a good thing.

The word means exactly what it means which is why I choose it. It is morally wrong to rape someone but morally right to wish someone ill will. That's depravity. How many threads are on Neowin where someones rapes someone and the go to response is "hope he drops the soap in jail." Wanting revenge instead of just justice is depravity.

No I haven't read the whole thing, but my first thought after reading the headline on the minispy was poetic justice, served.

Well then you're a sick depraved individual who is no better than the rapist.

/s

• Like 2

Well then you're a sick depraved individual who is no better than the rapist.

/s

Love the misquote. Where did I say anything even remotely close to that. The rapist deserves jail time. Where did I said you deserve jail time.

I never defended him as being a rapist. I defended him as being a human being who is getting the just punishment for what he did, which is jail time. Nobody asked anybody to feel sorry for him. I just think it is ridiculous that people respond with good to someone getting aids. No different than the story yesterday about the cake shop owners having the lives of there kids threaten because they don't believe in gay marriage. People like that are no better than the people they are judging. No regard for other people. There is a difference between acknowledgement and suggesting it is a good thing.

I don't think this is anything like that. This person committed a crime, the cake shop owners did not. In this case the only person paying for the crime (besides, of course, the poor victim) is the criminal, not some innocent children who had nothing to do with the incident. You are absolutely right to be appalled about the cake story and people threatening them, especially getting the kids involved. This is entirely different and not even worth a comparison.

While I certainly have no sympathy for the guy I think it's deplorable that some people here are claiming he 'deserves' HIV and claim to be happy that he might have contracted it. What he deserved was to be sentenced to the appropriate criminal sentence, which is exactly what happened here.