Rapist may have contracted HIV from victim

I don't think this is anything like that. This person committed a crime, the cake shop owners did not. In this case the only person paying for the crime (besides, of course, the poor victim) is the criminal, not some innocent children who had nothing to do with the incident. You are absolutely right to be appalled about the cake story and people threatening them, especially getting the kids involved. This is entirely different and not even worth a comparison.

I think in the case of the cake shop it is a crime but thats for another topic. The point being, the punishment went well beyond what was just. In the case of the shop, it should have been loss of business. In the case of this, jail time. In the case of the shop, people were egging on the threating calls and having no issue saying the shop owners got what they deserved even though it was more than they deserved. Here, the guy deserved jail time and he got more. There are three posted on the very first page saying its a good thing this happened to him.

Well some people just love to divert the attention away from the story to themselves lol

While I certainly have no sympathy for the guy I think it's deplorable that some people here are claiming he 'deserves' HIV and claim to be happy that he might have contracted it. What he deserved was to be sentenced to the appropriate criminal sentence, which is exactly what happened here. 

I respect your opinion. I just wish others wouldn't be so butthurt about other people's opinions.

Are those people who are saying "he deserves to get HIV" going to make a real difference to the victim or even the perpetrator? No, so why even worry about what other people on the Internet care?

In my opinion, he attacked an innocent woman in her home, and if he ends up being HIV then who is to blame? Yeah, I think you know that answer.

• Like 7

I don't think anyone can say this man is a good person, by any standards.

You keep using this word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

By the definition, you defending someone like this makes you fairly 'depraved' yourself. Defending 'moral corruption'?

Even the guy himself is complying with the authorities and seems remorseful. He isn't angry or trying to lash out against her for the allegations. He knows it was wrong. Maybe he can get some help for his drug problem, maybe he CAN be rehabilitated. But he took a lot of risks and it's hard to feel sorry for someone who does something wrong and then something bad happens to him as a result of it. Play with fire, get burned, etc. I don't think acknowledging this makes someone 'depraved'. Too often justice doesn't seem to be served, so it's normal for us to feel a bit glad when someone does directly pay for the act they committed--the kind of natural consequences that do not depend on any legal system.

The term "moral corruption" is one of those annoying religious buzzphrases that means whatever people want it to. There's a very big difference between the realisation that actions have consequences and actively wanting anyone that does something wrong to come to harm, crossing that line makes the person wishing the harm no better than the person that inflicts it in my book.

The term "moral corruption" is one of those annoying religious buzzphrases that means whatever people want it to. There's a very big difference between the realisation that actions have consequences and actively wanting anyone that does something wrong to come to harm, crossing that line makes the person wishing the harm no better than the person that inflicts it in my book.

I never said that the person should of got HIV. I never said that ALL rapists should get HIV. I said that as a consequence of his actions he got HIV. I am not going to sit here and pretend I feel for him because I don't. He shouldn't have done what he did, if he didn't he wouldn't have got HIV but now that he has it i'm not remorseful for him. He's got to deal with what he did in more ways than one and that's just tough ######.

Here, the guy deserved jail time and he got more. There are three posted on the very first page saying its a good thing this happened to him.

He did get more, but what you're not understanding is HE put himself in that predicament. No one held a gun to his head and told him to go rape someone. The fact that his victim happened to have AIDS is the dice he chose to roll.

He may not have contracted AIDS and even if he has it is not a death sentence today with the treatments available, he may live to a ripe old age.  Secondly if he does become infected some may very well think "good, he got what he deserved" whether that is good or not can be argued forever.  He certainly committed a crime and was sentenced by society and he may now be facing additional "punishment", either way, both are of his own making.

• Like 4

He did get more, but what you're not understanding is HE put himself in that predicament. No one held a gun to his head and told him to go rape someone. The fact that his victim happened to have AIDS is the dice he chose to roll.

Nobody missed that. The difference is I don't think its a good thing he got AIDS like everyone else seems to be doing. King said good to it. We even had this gem on the first page.

This makes me so happy.   I hope he gets AIDS. 

I never said that the person should of got HIV. I never said that ALL rapists should get HIV. I said that as a consequence of his actions he got HIV. I am not going to sit here and pretend I feel for him because I don't. He shouldn't have done what he did, if he didn't he wouldn't have got HIV but now that he has it i'm not remorseful for him. He's got to deal with what he did in more ways than one and that's just tough ****.

I don't feel sorry for him either, I just have no time for people that have some fetish for retribution just because someone breaks the law.

• Like 1

I don't feel sorry for him either, I just have no time for people that have some fetish for retribution just because someone breaks the law.

Apparently that means you are defending him as a rapist.

Apparently that means you are defending him as a rapist.

Heh, the way I look at it if people want to cast those aspersions because of a difference of opinion that's their problem. That kind of alarmist crap is common to someone that has no logical argument remaining, when you have no logic left pressing the big red button is always bound to scare some fools out of their pants ;)

• Like 1

Heh, the way I look at it if people want to cast those aspersions because of a difference of opinion that's their problem. That kind of alarmist crap is common to someone that has no logical argument remaining, when you have no logic left pressing the big red button is always bound to scare some fools out of their pants ;)

Well I for one hope that if he tests positive, he gets the treatment he deserves, because before anything else, he is still a human being.

I doubt people would be so sympathetic if this were the other way around, if he had HIV and raped and passed it to the victim. Rape isn't like theft or vandalism--the other person is scarred for life. I think it's fitting this guy may be as well. About damn time someone had a consequence that's roughly comparable to what the victims suffer.

I doubt people would be so sympathetic if this were the other way around, if he had HIV and raped and passed it to the victim. Rape isn't like theft or vandalism--the other person is scarred for life. I think it's fitting this guy may be as well. About damn time someone had a consequence that's roughly comparable to what the victims suffer.

That's short sighted and ignorant, what he gets will actually be nothing like what the victim gets. Most of her pain will be mental, most his will be physical (although given how manageable HIV has became it might not even bring him that much pain).

Rape isn't like theft or vandalism--the other person is scarred for life. 

You're right: thieves and vandals usually get harsher punishments than rapists...If they receive any punishment at all.

That's short sighted and ignorant, what he gets will actually be nothing like what the victim gets. Most of her pain will be mental, most his will be physical (although given how manageable HIV has became it might not even bring him that much pain).

You don't think he'll suffer no mental pain from finding out he's HIV positive? Now who is being ignorant?

The only reason I would hope he isn't positive is because somebody who is capable of rape is also capable of willingly spreading around a disease.

You don't think he'll suffer no mental pain from finding out he's HIV positive? Now who is being ignorant?

The only reason I would hope he isn't positive is because somebody who is capable of rape is also capable of willingly spreading around a disease.

i wonder if he change his sexual orientation and began spreading the HIV to his fellow inmates, or if he to be raped by gay inmates ...

He should sue her if he does end up with HIV.

Oh, how I'd love to be a fly on the wall of that hearing, I raped her, she gave me HIV...

Actually, I Genuinely would like to know how that hearing would go now....

i wonder if he change his sexual orientation and began spreading the HIV to his fellow inmates, or if he to be raped by gay inmates ...

That's really more of a thing that goes on in American prisons.  I can't recall a single case in the UK that ever made it to the public... I'm sure it's happened a bit, but yeah... Nothing like you hear about in the US jail system.