Legal Download of Office 2010 ISO 64-Bit?

Question

Like the Windows 7 images, which can be downloaded to install using a USB, is there a legal place to download Office 2010ISO images 64-bit?

The netbook I just installed it on has ended up installing the 32-bit version, yet it's a 64-bit machine :s

If not, how can I force an install of 64-bit Office?

Thanks

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

If you have a DVD with both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions, you can force an install of the 64-bit version:

For people who want to install the 64-bit version Office 2010 programs on a computer that is running either 64-bit edition of Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008, the following instructions must be followed.

1. If you were running Office 2010 Setup from the root folder, and you clicked Customize, click Close to exit Setup.
  2. When prompted, click Yes to cancel Setup, and then click Close.
  3. Go to the x64 folder on the Office 2010 disc, and double-click Setup.exe to run the 64-bit version of Setup.

Source: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/choose-the-32-bit-or-64-bit-version-of-office-HA010369476.aspx

Not enough info on the version of Office you already have installed and the license restrictions it imposes, as well as the options that are acceptable to you.

If I was to play dumb and provide an answer that's technically correct (but probably not what you want), I'd say MSDN.

What netbook do you have, that comes with a 64-bit OS?  If it's a netbook, how much RAM does it have?  What do you do that requires the 64-bit version of Office?

Like the Windows 7 images, which can be downloaded to install using a USB, is there a legal place to download Office 2010ISO images 64-bit?

The netbook I just installed it on has ended up installing the 32-bit version, yet it's a 64-bit machine :s

If not, how can I force an install of 64-bit Office?

Thanks

I actually have it but its not in ISO format. Do you haven a license for it? PM me if you want.

if you have a legit key you can just install it from the office website and it will download all the bits and bobs that you need to make it your full version.

Thanks for the replies.

I have a 64-bit system (two actually), so why not take full advantage of 64-bit programs?

I have a 3-licence Student Edition, but on the Acer (2Gb ram) netbook, it installed the 32-bit version by itself. I'm waiting on one more component for my new desktop then will be installing it there. Will probably stick to the DVD and force the 64-bit.

Probably won't bother reinstalling on the Netbook though, it's slow enough without extra work load.

Because the 64 bit version has some missing features that the 32 bit version has...so much so that microsoft recommends against installing the 64 bit version.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681792.aspx

There are very few people who actually need the 64 bit version, if you aren't running into the limits listed above, I would recommend against running the 64 bit version. 

things missing in outlook

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/461

things missing in office

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/choose-the-32-bit-or-64-bit-version-of-office-HA010369476.aspx

There are so many reasons not to go 64 bit....yet...perhaps in a later version.

Hmm, that's a good bit of food for thought.

I rarely use Office, only editing the odd spreadsheet, no presentations, but I do use Word a fair bit.

While the 64-bit seems to offer very little over the 32-bit, I have a couple of days to look into it.  I am a bit of a snob, so would prefer it and I don't use addins for Office.  The only feature I use is PDF printing, which I don't always need as I had Acrobat which installed a PDF printer anyway.

I wonder why they made significant differences and if they are looking to get rid of the 32-bit dependant features?

One gigantic limitation that I've run into is that 64bit PowerPoint supports far less integrated video formats, I could only get WMV to work. That alone was enough for me to stay with 32bit.

It's not like 32bit is any slower, all CPU's can still execute native 32bit code (which is what they do).

• Like 1