internet sharing

hi all i`am new to this.

I have 2 pc one with windows me and the other with windows xp pro

I had no probs setting up internet sharing this way (With Windows ME The one with the connection to the net)

I then tryed formating the one with the windows ME on and installing Windows XP Pro but i could not get the Internet sharing to work at all

Made the disk that it tells me to. But with no joy

Please Help As i Fined Window XP much better

I hope you under stand this!!!

Thanks

Setup Me as your gateway or XP which ever one you want. Then go to your internet connection and share it. Then for all your client computers add the ip of your internet gateway to all gateways on clients. Also add the ip of your internet gateway for your dns on all clients.

Make sense?

Sorry for being so thick

How do i set the gateway up. When i installed windows xp it found the connection on windows ME so i did not have to do anythink but when i install windows XP on the pc with the internet and then reinstall the other one again on internet sharing

sorry for being so thick!!

What do you mean? You don't know how to setup your internet gateway computer with XP? Is that what your saying? Or are you asking how your client computers find your computer with the internet sharing enabled....????

Just use the Network setup wizard in XP

thats all.

and same thing in WinMe, but u've to choose the option which say's this computer use internet throw other comp. on my Network (kind of thing).

Do not use setup disks.

it work for me without making them.

Sorry

I don`t know how to setup the internet gateway on Windows XP

So i do not know How to setup internet sharing manually.

The auto way that makes the disk does not work at all

i am very sorry for the thickness

The wizard blows a**.

Just get your internet working and your lan connection with the ip of 192.168.0.1 setup. Then go to your network connections folder and right click on your connection that is currently your internet. Such as a cable modem, diakup modem, ect. Right click and go to properties then go to advanced and click "Share this connection"

Then you should have everything setup for your gateway, then just put in needed information into your client computers. Dont use the setup disks for them, do it manually.