How do I dual boot XP and 8 (upgrade edition)

Hi

Please forgive me for this stupid question, for some reason I haven't kept notes on how I done this and Google is not being my friend. 

I have a PC with Windows XP installed and want to dual boot it with Windows 8 upgrade edition.  I have 5 licences for XP, one of which I used as an upgrade to 8.  The XP installation on my PC does not have the license that i used to upgrade to 8 so no problems there but for the life of me I can't remember how I done it last time.

I have had to replace my hard drive, I have cloned XP and 8 across but the MBR didn't make the copy (bigger drive) so I had to do an XP repair to bring it back.  I'm happy to reinstall 8 as i don't use that much (yet) but I don't remember how to do the dual boot.

Thanks

Hmm not reading that too good.......just for clarity

You have one partioned hard drive

You have XP on one partition

You have Windows 8 on a second exteneded partition

The boot loader only sees XP?

If all the above is correct running the Windows 8 MBR repair tool should find both installs

Hmm not reading that too good.......just for clarity

You have one partioned hard drive

You have XP on one partition

You have Windows 8 on a second exteneded partition

The boot loader only sees XP?

If all the above is correct running the Windows 8 MBR repair tool should find both installs

That's right, it's strange though because it doesnt seem to find 8.  My solution is just to reinstall 8 again but I don't remember how I managed to keep XP in place last time and get 8(upgrade edition) installed as well without having to install a second copy of XP on the extended partition and then 8 over it.