Brad Pitt says a 'World War Z' sequel could happen

AA3e5.jpg

"We?re certainly talking about it, yes," Brad Pitt told Variety when asked whether or not he's talked to anyone at Paramount about returning for a sequel to this year's surprise hit, World War Z. Despite a lot of bad buzz before its release (which included budgetary issues, arguments between Pitt and director Marc Forster and the need for a completely new ending), the movie would go on to earn a whopping $533 million at the worldwide box office. "We have so many ideas on the table from the time we spent developing this thing and figuring out how the zombie worlds work. We gotta get the script right first to determine if we go further." As for the direction the sequel could take, Pitt added: "We have so many ideas and so much information?we think we have a lot of stuff to mine from." The site also managed to catch up with Mireille Enos (who played Pitt's wife in the movie) and she too expressed interest in making a return for the sequel. "We?ll wait and see how the script turns out but yes, I?d love to come back."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=86698

I rather enjoyed the Movie, it all fell nicely together. I wonder if the sequel would be set afterwards, or parallel, following different people? 

A Sequel set after would be a little odd, seeing as everyone is now invisible to the Zombies.

I rather enjoyed the Movie, it all fell nicely together. I wonder if the sequel would be set afterwards, or parallel, following different people? 

A Sequel set after would be a little odd, seeing as everyone is now invisible to the Zombies.

Yea im thinking a prequel. maybe about how this started thinking it was all cause by him from something in the past?

ive just watched world war z and to be honest i wasnt to impressed by it. action was good and the zombies are proper hectic but i think it fell apart in the end. You cant have a sequel really cus its already showed ya them killing off the zombies so anything happening in the future would be them cleaning up. A prequel would kind of suck to cus seeing as how they dont know how it happened and is untraceable cus the records are burned and anyone that may know is already dead/zombified how are they going to stitch that into the story. Best to just leave it as it is

So you don't expect that zombies would evolve? ... :) Maybe they will get smarter.

And how about doing a full remake that actually follows the book (which is amazing) and adding some blood to it? The first movie was just Brad Pitt running around a lot. It looked like 28 Days Later if 28 Days Later sucked and had more people around.

Having not read the book, I thought the movie was pretty good. A reasonably superficial story, sure, and not too much happening other than Brad Pitt running around being chased by zombies but I still rather liked it. The special effects were pretty incredible though. 

Now in a sequel I want to see that epic Moscow battle that was filmed but never happened in the movie. In fact, they could probably make the entire next movie epic battles. That would be cool.

World War Z was one of the worst movies I've seen recently. It was a major disappointment, as the plot was laughable and it was so incredibly generic. There was no tension, the graphics were terrible and it doesn't even try to be faithful to the book (I haven't read it myself but my brother is a major fan and I discussed it with him). It wasn't quite Dredd bad but it was close.

I dunno, I liked the movie quite a bit. I knew going in it wasn't like the book (at all really) but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and I was  pleasantly  surprised how competent it was in the end. They reshot the ending because the original ending pretty much had Pitt going commando on the zombies, and it just didn't fit the character they had set up through the movie and the movie premise as a whole.

As for a sequel, isn't the whole point of the book, the war with the zombies? Just because people are "invisible" to them, doesn't mean we just win the "war" against them. Also, I think they could do way more with the whole "they only go after healthy people" thing, to procreate the infection etc. It kinda reminds me of the clickers and most of The Last of Us. Tell me you guys didn't think that doctor zombie in the WHO office, wasn't talking? :D

Dredd I thought was really good :/

It just didn't do anything for me. By the end I was actually laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. It's a shame as the trailer actually made it look quite promising.

So you don't expect that zombies would evolve? ... :) Maybe they will get smarter.

That is what I am thinking. They wouldn't necessarily be getting smarter. It would just be a matter of survival. Normally they ignored sick people. But with nothing else to prey own, they would now pay attention to them.

Dredd I thought was really good :/

I did too and I was one of those that saw the trailer and was like meh...not the original awesome (because let's be honest here, it's not Sylvester) but was still a nice follow up in my opinion.

I did too and I was one of those that saw the trailer and was like meh...not the original awesome (because let's be honest here, it's not Sylvester) but was still a nice follow up in my opinion.

The original sure is awesome... in it's terribleness. The recent one is the only movie that should be mentioned when talking about Judge Dredd. Too bad it didn't make enough for the studios to OK a sequel. That could still change with the DVD/BR sales.

The original sure is awesome... in it's terribleness. The recent one is the only movie that should be mentioned when talking about Judge Dredd. Too bad it didn't make enough for the studios to OK a sequel. That could still change with the DVD/BR sales.

Yeah apparently Karl Urban thinks it could seriously happen!

And how about doing a full remake that actually follows the book (which is amazing) and adding some blood to it? The first movie was just Brad Pitt running around a lot. It looked like 28 Days Later if 28 Days Later sucked and had more people around.

I cannot like your comment enough. I listened to the Audio book and seriously think they missed a trick on this movie by firstly having the only two real references to the book being the title and a barking dog.

In all seriousness they should have literally taken the audio book and made people act around it. Have your main character travelling around the world, interviewing the people with flash backs to their memories and the stories they told. Sure you could cut bits out but I think you could also lengthen some of the parts like the battle at Yonkers, the Japanese geek's escape and the battle at hope. God you could probably make a movie about each of those events individually!

I did think the movie was OK, however it went against the typical zombie theory - fast moving, thinking etc but the biggest problem was how much it strayed from the books. I would watch a sequel but I would much prefer they went back and followed the book a lot more closely.

I cannot like your comment enough. I listened to the Audio book and seriously think they missed a trick on this movie by firstly having the only two real references to the book being the title and a barking dog.

In all seriousness they should have literally taken the audio book and made people act around it. Have your main character travelling around the world, interviewing the people with flash backs to their memories and the stories they told. Sure you could cut bits out but I think you could also lengthen some of the parts like the battle at Yonkers, the Japanese geek's escape and the battle at hope. God you could probably make a movie about each of those events individually!

I did think the movie was OK, however it went against the typical zombie theory - fast moving, thinking etc but the biggest problem was how much it strayed from the books. I would watch a sequel but I would much prefer they went back and followed the book a lot more closely.

I feel the opposite, I saw the Movie first, rather enjoyed it, and then went out and got the book. Sure it was a good book, but all I was thinking when I was reading the book was "This would make a terrible Movie". I don't feel it would connect well, interviewing different people around the World, 10 years after the event. It might make a decent TV series, but I don't think it'd translate well into a Movie.

I feel the opposite, I saw the Movie first, rather enjoyed it, and then went out and got the book. Sure it was a good book, but all I was thinking when I was reading the book was "This would make a terrible Movie". I don't feel it would connect well, interviewing different people around the World, 10 years after the event. It might make a decent TV series, but I don't think it'd translate well into a Movie.

I have to admit someone did loan me the book many years ago and I didn't get far into the book before giving up. Maybe If I had of continued I would have enjoyed it as much as I did the Audio book but the voice actors I felt, really told the story well and gave real emotion to it, I would seriously suggest giving it a try.

I have to admit someone did loan me the book many years ago and I didn't get far into the book before giving up. Maybe If I had of continued I would have enjoyed it as much as I did the Audio book but the voice actors I felt, really told the story well and gave real emotion to it, I would seriously suggest giving it a try.

I'm not saying the book was bad, I thought it was a great story. I just don't think the way the book told the story would translate very well to a Movie. So many peoples different stories? You'd either have to skip half of them, or gloss over each of them in a very short space of time. 

I think it'd make a better TV series than a Movie.

I'm not saying the book was bad, I thought it was a great story. I just don't think the way the book told the story would translate very well to a Movie. So many peoples different stories? You'd either have to skip half of them, or gloss over each of them in a very short space of time. 

I think it'd make a better TV series than a Movie.

Yeah you couldn't tell them all, to be honest you probably don't need to.

Maybe a TV show would be better, each episode could focus on a different story. The only issue with that is that if you want to stay true to the book everyone knows the series is limited and I'm not sure any network would invest in something that has a limited lifespan. If they dared to start inventing their own the true fans would start to moan etc.

Movies, although they do sometimes go on are often written and made with just that one in mind with the potential of more.

Stand out parts for me that could be used brilliantly for the screen be it big or small as i have already mentioned would be;

Battle at Yonkers

University (the name of it escapes me but it's the story being told by the movie maker)

The downed pilot

The Blind Japanese Man

The Computer Geeks climb down the building - I would also love to know more about his survival after that and meeting up with the old blind man

Battle at Hope

I'm sure there were many more and I plan to listen again one day - making a start on the Harry Potter books at the moment so that should keep me busy for a while.

I enjoyed the movie. I'm no fan of Marc Foster but there was some good scenes in the film and I like how WWZ fills a gap that isn't silly zombies or full on 28 Days Later with a tight group or small scale Walking Dead.

It feels like it could be a more realistic take with it's own world on a grand scale when it wants to and still have small stories in between.

Not perfect by any means but I would like a sequel and without Marc Foster. Get a good story and script first as well.