Best Ultrabook for University

But then the size might be too small for you.

Had a Surface RT a while back was an all right size I suppose. But yeah you may be right, as if I'm using a program like Visual Studio it's not going to be great on a screen that small.

Why not use the ultrabook at whatever size you buy. And when you are programming or need a bigger size, attach it to an external monitor or get a usb doc to attach a full sized keyboard, mouse, and 42" monitor to do your programming.

Why not use the ultrabook at whatever size you buy. And when you are programming or need a bigger size, attach it to an external monitor or get a usb doc to attach a full sized keyboard, mouse, and 42" monitor to do your programming.

I've got a desktop PC which I use at home. The device I choose will just be for when I'm out and about and when I'm at Uni.

I would say check out the Lenovo Thinkpad T440s or the older T431s if you gotta have it now. They are about $1000 so Euro should (hopefully) be cheaper and not same exact with a different symbol.

The T440s is thin and light and 14" with 1080p IPS screen.

http://shop.lenovo.com/fi/en/laptops/thinkpad/t-series/t440s/#features

No real world usage yet but i'm hoping to get one (or maybe the X240s instead)

(no I don't work for Lenovo!! :p - I just happen to like Thinkpads since they were with IBM).

I would say check out the Lenovo Thinkpad T440s or the older T431s if you gotta have it now. They are about $1000 so Euro should (hopefully) be cheaper and not same exact with a different symbol.

The T440s is thin and light and 14" with 1080p IPS screen.

http://shop.lenovo.com/fi/en/laptops/thinkpad/t-series/t440s/#features

No real world usage yet but i'm hoping to get one (or maybe the X240s instead)

(no I don't work for Lenovo!! :p - I just happen to like Thinkpads since they were with IBM).

Saw that one the other day, really not keen on that design aha :P

Have decided to wait until the Surface event next Monday. Hopefully the Pro 2 will have 8GB RAM, Haswell and at least a 256GB SSD. 

Depending on the release date in the UK, it'll be between the Macbook Air and the Surface Pro 2.