Thief writes apology note & returns money

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -- After their Nashville market was robbed at gunpoint 11 years ago, some area residents were shocked this week to get a letter apologizing for the crime and giving back the stolen money.

"It's amazing," said Somboon Wu of Interasian Market and Deli on Nolensville Pike. "It's inspirational, really. Even though it's hard sometimes, we need to give people a second chance."

Wu  said he never thought he'd face the man who robbed his father until a stranger arrived at the market this week, dropped off an envelope and left.

"He was really insistent that we take this, that we have to take this," said Wu.

Inside the envelope was a handwritten letter by a man claiming to be a drug addict who 11 years ago came in, picked up a six-pack of beer and robbed the store of $300. Enclosed with the letter was $400 and the message, "I do not use drugs anymore, and I feel I must make amends to the people I have hurt in the past."

"My dad couldn't believe it," said Wu.

Wu said the letter is a shining example that people can change. :happy:

"Obviously, he's got a great heart," Wu added. "He just got caught up in a bad situation."

Wu said he now wants to answer a letter that ends with the lines, "I hope you will accept this money and find forgiveness. Peace be with you, Anonymous."

"We just want to let him know if he's watching, wherever life takes you, we forgive you for what you did," said Wu.

source & video

What about the guy solely responsible for the complete and utter destruction of all life in the known universe as we know it? :p

Are you talking about the devil? He has his place prepared for him in hell, I believe. God is merciful. :D

• Like 1