iOS 7 GM draining 4s battery like Hell!

Did anyone else noticed? iOS 7 GM is draining battery much faster than usual. Please some one provide me with some helpfull tips to increase battery life?

Thanks

when I had a 4s I remember turning off search working for me.

As far as your question goes, I would make sure your bluetooth and wifi are turned off when not in use and that your brightness is turned down.  I had the same thing happen to my iPhone 5 with the beta 4 of iOS 7 but once i did a reinstall it all went to normal.

Did anyone else noticed? iOS 7 GM is draining battery much faster than usual. Please some one provide me with some helpfull tips to increase battery life?

Thanks

Wow, yes. Have installed 7 GM on an iPad 4, iPhone 5 and a 4S. ONLY the 4S has an issue, but it most definitely does. Demolished a full battery in 4 hours.

It honestly sounds like something else than a general bug, because iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 doesn't drain much battery at all. And others have even reported less battery drain than in iOS 6.

My spontaneous thought is the usual "issue" with new releases: while restoring an iCloud backup (due to the "wipe-install" that is necessary for the iOS 7 GM), it drains a ton of battery and it can take an hour or so to finish completely. When checking out a new OS for the first time, you also tend to use it more than usual, so that could also be why. After all, among the greatest battery drains of all is having the LCD display active.

But if the drain remains even in standby mode, something is of course off. Hmm...

Edit: Hmm, Squuiid above makes me wonder whether it is actually an iPhone 4S-specific problem. This would gain a lot more attention on September 18 when it reaches wide availability! 

Its expected on beta testing, wait for the official release (GM still isnt the finished product) and get back to us if you still have the problem

The GM is most likely the finished product, barring emergency problems. Usually, the GM release is the identical build to the official OTA build.

You can try checking your Background App Refresh settings; make sure there aren't any unnecessary apps there. I never even launched Google Search on my iPhone under iOS 7, and while I was in another app, I got a pop up telling me that Google would like access to my microphone. So just make sure that only the apps you care about running in the background are the only ones doing it.

With that said, battery life for me is the same with iOS 7 on my 4S as it was with the previous iOS.

Its expected on beta testing, wait for the official release (GM still isnt the finished product) and get back to us if you still have the problem

newsflash it's final 

btw i have no problems with battery life

I also have the same issue on my iPhone 5 that I upgraded to GM last night.. I updated, I did not wipe or do a fresh install/restore.. That "could" be your problem just like mine. I also came from 6.1.4 upgraded to 7.. I did not come up from a previous 7 build. Again they always say when you are upgrading to a major refresh to always do a clean install NOT an upgrade... Heck even Windows Fanboi VCFan would probably say that with his M$ Knowledge.   :p

A few questions to help you with your troubleshooting:

* Did you restore from a previous backup?

* Are you assessing the battery life as being low under what you would describe as normal usage pattern?

* Does your device feel warmer than usual?

* Have you noticed any strange cell data usage patterns going on?

I'll throw another idea out there.  Perhaps iCloud is doing a fresh backup of your phone since it's a new OS and it might save things differently.  If that would happen to be the case (not sure how'd you'd even know), it will eat up your battery while it's transferring data, but should settle down when it's done.

Give it a few days and see if it gets better.

Thanks

After I installed it last night, battery was dropping at about 1% a minute. After letting it completely drain, then recharging it seemed to help. I just think my battery maybe on the way out. I noticed that sometimes I would get great battery on iOS 6, and other days I would have to plug it in to charge late in the afternoon.

Does anyone know the iOS 7 4S MD5?

I was trying to find that yesterday before I installed the GM.  I just bit the bullet and installed :S.  Everything seems...ok... But I probably have the NSA version :P

I don't know anything about software engineering or this kind of stuff, but would that transparency & blur effect be rendered in real time? I mean can such effect be generated as an image layed giving the illusion of it being real transparency? I'd imagine it's easier to just render it in real time.

A few questions to help you with your troubleshooting:

* Did you restore from a previous backup?

* Are you assessing the battery life as being low under what you would describe as normal usage pattern?

* Does your device feel warmer than usual?

* Have you noticed any strange cell data usage patterns going on?

* I updated from previous iOS 6.1.3 to iOS 7 so i guess it didnt needed a restore?

* Yes. I wasn't playing any games just listening to music. If it was older iOS then after fully charging it would take 1 - 2% off  from 100% but iOS took like 8% off within 2 hours

*Nope, device feels just fine

*Nope, nothing strange. I even disabled spotlight search, siri, background app refresh, and lowered that animation settings.

I don't know anything about software engineering or this kind of stuff, but would that transparency & blur effect be rendered in real time? I mean can such effect be generated as an image layed giving the illusion of it being real transparency? I'd imagine it's easier to just render it in real time.

if anything behind the top element is dynamic,  it has to be done in realtime. if its a static backdrop, then the blurring can be pre calculated and cached,so when you need it, it can just be pulled up without any additional operations.