Problem Updating HTC 8x Error code (80070002)

Just bought a new HTC 8x, when i go to check for updates it comes with this error, ive tried updating with wifi enabled and using 3G data, anyone got any help with this? searched google but haven't found a solution as of yet, 

thanks

A factory reset on day 1 of purchase? should i be concerned? ive had a samsung galaxy s2 before and an iphone. will i lose all apps and contacts or is it like android where your apps automatically restore after signing into your windows live account? 

A factory reset on day 1 of purchase? should i be concerned? ive had a samsung galaxy s2 before and an iphone. will i lose all apps and contacts or is it like android where your apps automatically restore after signing into your windows live account? 

You won't lose the apps since the apps are linked to your account.... once your phone gets reset, you can get them back ... if you don't see it, you can click on download button ... so you won't have to buy it again at all.

You can back your data up to your computer or cloud service.

Right i've done the factory reset its still doing it? any suggestions? and i got my sms's back and my contacts, but my apps are not back do i have to re-download them one by one? arrrrgh thanks for your help guys, its really frustrating...makes me feel as though ive made a mistake going away from android

That's an odd issue you seem to be having and not common, I would call your mobile operator, HTC or Microsoft support to see if they can help diagnosing the issue, (there could be something wrong with your cell network settings that makes it impossible to receive the update) or better yet go to the store and ask for a replacement unit just to be on the safe side, I have the same phone and I love it.

Hey Ely thanks for the reply.

i doubt its my cell network settings as it should work when i enable wifi right?

this morning i checked and it worked it said no update available, do i still go and take it back? I would take it in store but im in the uk and windows stores are in there infancy compared to apple, i got to admit though this phone is winning me over its just so smooth, bit gutted about many apps missing or not working like youtube

Hey Ely thanks for the reply.

i doubt its my cell network settings as it should work when i enable wifi right?

this morning i checked and it worked it said no update available, do i still go and take it back? I would take it in store but im in the uk and windows stores are in there infancy compared to apple, i got to admit though this phone is winning me over its just so smooth, bit gutted about many apps missing or not working like youtube

Which network are you using?

I had the same problem with a Lumia 925, turns out it was network related :(

Which network are you using?

I had the same problem with a Lumia 925, turns out it was network related :(

Hey, how is it network related if im using wifi? im just interested thats all, i have a unlocked handset simfree. and use giffgaff

Turns out the phone wasn't getting the time and date from the network and it kept changing to a different time and date which causes this issue. Probably not what it is in this case, just thought I'd ask :)