Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad)

Now that Gilligan and Better Call Saul showrunner Peter Gould have started putting together a writers room and firming up plans for the series, he has a more definitive answer regarding its nature:

?[Peter Gould and I] think, by and large, this show will be a prequel, but the wonderful thing about the fractured chronology we employed on Breaking Bad for many years is the audience will not be thrown by us jumping around in time. So it?s possible that we may indeed do that, and we?ll see the past and perhaps the future.?

Gilligan also noted that the challenge with Better Call Saul is finding the drama in its lead character:

?Nothing is written in stone yet, we?re still figuring it out, but the thing we realize is tricky with the character is that Saul Goodman is very comfortable in his own skin. He seems to be a character who is pretty happy with himself, especially when we first meet him. He seems to be a pretty happy-go-lucky guy, and that makes him everything that Walter White is not. And that also makes for tricky drama. When I say drama, even in a comedy, you want drama, you want tension and conflict, and a character that at heart seems at peace with himself is intrinsically undramatic. [Laughs] So we?ve been thinking about how to address that issue.?

As for possible Breaking Bad cameos on BCS, Gilligan said the one main actor he?d love to have back is Jonathan Banks as Mike:

?The character that springs to mind would be Mike (Jonathan Banks). That would be a great deal of fun. I would say the sky?s the limit, at least theoretically speaking.?

x

Just a thought, but could Saul used to be a good lawyer, and then everything just fell to pieces. Then he could technically 'break bad' and turn into the Lawyer he is now. A very crooked, dealing under the table kinda lawyer. I don't know lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Better Call Saul will make its debut in November, although a specific date for its transmission has yet to be confirmed by AMC.

The Breaking Bad prequel follows the life of Bob Odenkirk's Saul Goodman before he became Walter White's attorney in the original series.

• 3 weeks later...

Jonathan Banks Joins AMC's Better Call Saul

Mike Ehrmantraut lives!

Jonathan Banks, who played the gruff fixer on AMC?s Breaking Bad, has signed on for the series? prequel spin-off Better Call Saul, our sister site Deadline reports.

The network previously announced that the one-hour spin-off ?will focus on the evolution? of the morally-challenged counselor before he became Heisenberg?s defender.

Source

Personally, I dont think casting Johnathan Banks is a good idea because we all know the end Mike meets and it's always going to be in the back of our mind and ruin any comedy from his character. I do hope they're bringing back all of Saul's crew. Huell Babineaux was one of the most hilarious characters in the series.

iTxiiXHoBDBXN.gif

Personally, I dont think casting Johnathan Banks is a good idea because we all know the end Mike meets and it's always going to be in the back of our mind and ruin any comedy from his character. I do hope they're bringing back all of Saul's crew. Huell Babineaux was one of the most hilarious characters in the series.

iTxiiXHoBDBXN.gif

He just waits...

jpdfQQGfe2q7.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

sxv5.png

I have learned that veteran actor Michael McKean (This Is Spinal Tap) is the first new cast member to join AMC?s upcoming series Better Call Saul, joining Breaking Bad alums Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks. The prequel to the Emmy-winning Breaking Bad, from Sony TV, centers on Odenkirk?s unflappable criminal lawyer Saul Goodman before he became Walter White?s lawyer. Banks reprises his role as Saul?s trusted private investigator/fixer Michael ?Mike? Ehrmantraut. McKean will play a new character, Dr. Thurber, a brilliant attorney who is now restricted by an unusual affliction. Better Call Saul is slated to debut in November.

Source

• 3 weeks later...

Like he said in a quote already posted, it'll be hard not to have regular cameos for both Bryan and Aaron. Breaking Bad was just too much of a success for those 2 not to be part of the spinoff.

Like he said in a quote already posted, it'll be hard not to have regular cameos for both Bryan and Aaron. Breaking Bad was just too much of a success for those 2 not to be part of the spinoff.

I could see Jesse making a Cameo, but Walt had never been to Saul prior to Badger getting caught, so I can't see Bryan having a part.

I could see them including Walt in passing, making a quick appearance with little to no dialog. But anymore than that would not gel with the original storyline from Breaking Bad.

Michael Ausiello just tweeted this...

Killer Breaking Bad Twist: Could Walter White Have Survived?

Throughout Breaking Bad?s five-season run, drug kingpin Walter White got himself out of a lot of tight, seemingly hopeless situations.

But did he cheat death? Star Bryan Cranston says maybe.

While plugging his new action flick Godzilla on CNN Thursday, Cranston indulged host Ashleigh Banfield?s questions about whether Heisenberg might?ve lived through what ? to most of the audience ? seemed like his final moments at the end of the AMC series? finale.

Though cancer sufferer/gunshot victim Walter fell to the ground as the police narrowed in on him, Cranston reluctantly acknowledged that there?s the tiniest of chances the chemistry-teacher-turned-meth-maker might?ve survived.

?You never saw a bag zip up or anything,? he says, smiling. ?Never say never.?

Also in the interview, Cranston discusses playing The X-Files? Patrick Crump, a one-off role for which ?I just happened to have the right hair? ? and which first put him into contact with Vince Gilligan, his future Bad boss.

Source - TV Line

Yeah he's dead

Yeah, he's trolling. Walt died. End of. 

I just hope they can capture the same Saul character from Breaking Bad. If they can then I have high hopes!