Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so....I saw a few characters from BB in BCS, I'm at 1st I was like :huh: , then I was like :laugh: . I'm liking the characters transitions from Jonathan Banks as the car guard :D, and the whole silly ticket thing. The scam with the skateboarders were lame, but i'm looking forward to ep2. The concept they introduced tho as him setting up these "paydays" and exploiting loops, and looking dapper as a "guardian" is both funny and I can see it fleshing out into deeper drama's with multiple actors. Hoping ep2. deals with him getting his own "image" and exploring more cons :)

Epi 1 rating. 7.5/10

Ep 2 rating desire. 9/10

So far so good.

This has to be the best time for TV shows ever, soooooooooo much to watch in one week! lol :D

just out of interest, what great other shows are you watching.  only walking dead resumed for me... and top gear and shameless.  maybe i am missing out on something else.

just out of interest, what great other shows are you watching.  only walking dead resumed for me... and top gear and shameless.  maybe i am missing out on something else.

Undercover Boss :D No don't ever glaze it.

gotham

constantine

the flash

arrow

banshee (by far my fav. out of all these)

agent carter

marvel agents of shield is back next month

the walking dead

the 100

And now better call saul, will be watching the first episode later tonight :D

gotham

constantine

the flash

arrow

banshee (by far my fav. out of all these)

agent carter

marvel agents of shield is back next month

the walking dead

the 100

And now better call saul, will be watching the first episode later tonight :D

out of this, i have to check out banshee and the 100.     agent carter and agents of shield.... i don't know, maybe they are good.   

i just try to avoid comic books...  though i love xmen....and few others.  but, on average i am trying not to get into comic book franchises.

watching Saul now....

Downton Abbey is really good.

out of this, i have to check out banshee and the 100.     agent carter and agents of shield.... i don't know, maybe they are good.   

i just try to avoid comic books...  though i love xmen....and few others.  but, on average i am trying not to get into comic book franchises.

watching Saul now....

Banshee is just superb, if it was on another network, it would be EXTREMELY popular, the fight scenes are damn brutal!

The 100 started of "ok", kind of like a teenager show but it seemed to get more serious/dark as it went along and each character is likeable and has a good role throughout.

Agent carter isn't "great" but I think it will get quite a bit better with the next few episodes.... 

Agents of shield started of very meh but it picked up massively half way through season 1 and has made for an epic TV show even if you aren't necessarily a fan of marvel/the avengers.

When it comes to comic book hero type of shows, you can't beat arrow, the flash and gotham. Arrow is getting a bit stupid lately though (essentially idiotic scenes and terrible writing) where as the flash is getting really good. They just need to cut out some stupid stuff i.e. you have a man who moves so fast that he can stop a speeding bullet from going through his neck but he can't avoid a punch/kick from mere mortals or disarm criminals  :p and it would be way ahead of arrow imo

Have to agree with Nexus16 100%

Agent Carter / Agents of shield is just to tame and not serious enough imo.

Ive not watched any of the new Arrow seasons, it was getting a bit silly and samey, but did enjoy the first 2 series.

Banshee is superb

• Steven P. unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zikalify
      Roku announces plans to expand into its second big European market
      by Paul Hill

The TV platform, Roku, has announced (via Reuters) its intention to expand into Germany later this year, making it the second big European market that it’ll be present in. Unlike the UK expansion, where it started out as the software partner for Hisense, it will immediately launch its own hardware in the German market.

Speaking to Reuters, the executive leading Roku’s international expansion, Arthur van Rest, said that there’s a ‘very big secular shift to streaming’ and that this trend is only being sped up by the pandemic that gripped the world last year and is still making itself known with rising case numbers in many countries.

He went on to say:

When Roku launches its hardware in Germany, it will come with apps and content from local partners including Seven.One Entertainment Group, RTL Deutschland, and Sky Deutschland. Of course, other services such as Netflix, Amazon’s Prime Video and Disney+ will be available for those who subscribe to those services.

In the UK, Roku's streaming players come in four variations: Express, Express 4K, Streaming Stick+, and Streambar. Prices range from £29.99 to £129.99 which works out to around €35 and €150 respectively – these are the prices we could see when Roku arrives in Germany later this year.

• By zikalify
      LG announces launch of LG QNED Mini LED premium TVs
      by Paul Hill

LG has announced that it will be rolling out its newest TVs in July that use Quantum Dot NanoCell colour and Mini LED backlight technologies to deliver a premium experience. The new 2021 LCD TVs will deliver deeper blacks, more accurate colour reproduction, and greater contrast and brightness.

The line-up of LG QNED Mini LED TVs consists of the 8K QNED99 and QNED95 series along with the 4K QNED90 series with screen sizes ranging from 65 inches to 86 inches. Aside from the aforementioned improvements in picture quality, these TVs are certified by the product testing agency Intertek to provide 100 percent colour volume and colour consistency. They also eliminate any colour distortion across wide viewing angles so they should be great to watch no matter where you’re sitting in a room.

Commenting on the new TVs, Park Hyoung-sei, president of the LG Home Entertainment Company, said:

LG said that the new displays will be available in North America initially before coming to additional regions around the world in the following weeks. LG didn’t state the prices for the TVs but as they’re premium, expect them to be expensive.

• By zikalify
      TrendForce says focus will be on OLED and large TVs in 2021
      by Paul Hill

The analyst firm TrendForce has said that it expects to see TV manufacturers focus on large and OLED TVs. It noted that demand for 55-inch+ TVs have seen increased among the public so manufacturers will respond to this. On the OLED front, the analyst said that LCD panels have seen a big price hike making OLED more attractive to both brands and consumers.

In terms of figures, TrendForce believes that 55-inch TVs will account for 20% of the total TV shipments this year and that 60-inch TVs will represent 17.7% of shipments. Compared to the year before, demand for 55-inch TV sets will stay the same but 60-inch TVs will see a 3.3% growth compared to last year. This growth rate is notable because in previous years growth didn’t go higher than 1-2%.

On the OLED front, TrendForce noted that 55-inch UHD OLED panels were four times the price of the equivalent LCD products at the start of 2020, by the end of the year the difference was 2.9 times and in the first quarter of this year, UHD OLED was only 2.2 times more expensive than the LCD equivalent – this is all down to LCD price hikes. As a result, OLED TV shipments are expected to reach 6.76 million units which is a year-over-year increase of 72%.

It’s expected that global TV shipments as a whole this year will reach 223 million units which represents a growth of 3.1% year-over-year. TrendForce said that two drivers of the growth will be the UEFA Euro 2020 and Tokyo Olympics which were both delayed from last year due to the coronavirus pandemic.

• By indospot
      LG's 2021 lineup of OLED TVs starts at $1,399, and it's available from this month
      by João Carrasqueira

LG has announced the pricing and availability for most of its refreshed OLED TV lineup for 2021, which was originally announced at this year's CES. OLED TVs sit at the top of LG's range, since OLED panels are still the only viable way to get individual lighting per pixel, meaning you get true blacks and more vivid colors. The lineup includes the A1, C1, and G1 series, which succeed the AX, CX, and GX series.

Starting at the top of the range, we have the "Gallery" G1 series, which is the only one to feature LG's new OLED evo technology. These new OLED panels are more power-efficient, and thus promise a brighter image and more vivid colors compared to its previous OLED technology. The Gallery series is also designed to be used as a sort of digital frame, with smaller bezels and a wall mount that leaves very little space between the TV and the wall. The G1 series will come in three sizes: 55-inch, coming in April for $2,199; 65-inch, coming this month for $2,999; and 77-inch, costing a whopping a $4,499, also available this month.

The C1 series is the more mainstream offering and it spans the widest range of screen sizes. It starts at 48 inches for $1,499, coming in April. Then there's a 55-inch model for $1,799 this month, a 65-inch model for $2,499, and a 77-inch panel for $3,799, all available this month. Finally, an 83-inch variant will be coming in May for $5,999. Both the G1 and C1 series are valid options for gamers, featuring four HDMI 2.1 ports with support for 4K 120Hz, variable refresh rates, auto low latency mode, and eARC.

If you don't need all those gaming features, the A1 series is the cheapest of the bunch, though it also misses out on the new α9 Gen 4 AI processor. The 48-inch model will be available in June for $1,299; the 55- and 65-inch models will launch in April for $1,599 and $2,199, respectively; and the 77-inch model will also launch in June, for $3,199.

While LG didn't mention the Z1 lineup today, it did say that the ZX series, which it calls the Signature OLED TVs, is already available and will be available through the year. The 77-inch model costs $19,999, while the 88-inch goes for $29,999.

• By zikalify
      Sky re-brands NOW TV and introduces NOW Membership
      by Paul Hill

Sky has announced that it’s re-branding NOW TV with a new name and look. From now on, the service will simply be called NOW and NOW Passes have been replaced by NOW Membership which begins at £3.99 per month, just like Passes. According to Sky, the new and less convoluted name aims to reflect the simplicity of the service.

Sky’s NOW service offers several NOW Membership offers refined for what you want to watch, they include Entertainment, Cinema, Sports, Kids, and hayu. Each of the Membership options can be enhanced with a £3 Boost each month which enables streaming across three devices at the same time in full 1080p HD and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound.

Commenting on the re-branding, Marina Storti, Managing Director at NOW, said:

The re-branding will begin in the UK before being adapted and rolled out in Italy, Ireland, and Germany. In the UK, the re-branding has already gone live on the NOW website.