She didn't what?

A) Make racially insensitive comments?

B) Get a standing ovation?

A) She used the "N word".  A white person using that word publicly is insensitive.  I never said she was a bigot nor did I label her as racist, I simply state she used a racially insensitive word.

B) This whole article states that she did get a standing ovation

So let me redirect your accusation of trolling back at yourself.

As Growled said, "She got a standing ovation to show their support of her, and not the comments she made. She messed up, we all do sometimes."

I didn't (and still don't) really understand why everyone was making such a big deal over something she said over 20yrs ago. As Peter Griffin says "Who the hell cares?" lol

It boggles my mind why this is so important to people. All this is doing is setting back equality in the same way as scratching at a scab. Overall, we're all homogenizing just fine over time. Leave the radicalism alone and let us move along. Crucifying people doesn't inherently promote your cause and in this case, like I said, it acts to weaken it.

• Like 3

And didn't she also say it's been decades since she used it? Kinda ridiculous for something like that to be blown out of proportion by the PC crowd.

That's what I thought too but you know how things go these days. Given a chance to over-react to something that doesn't amount to anything, people will.