Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow

Yes, there are still a few bigots out there - greatly magnified in their apparent volume by the media and internet while the rest of us are living quietly integrated lives. Our future daughter in law is of Nigerian ancestry, a grandson is 1/4 black and 1/4 hispanic and on a larger scale 2 US states, Louisiana and South Carolina, have Indian-American Governors. Both Southern, both deeply conservative.

Bigotry comes in many forms, not all of it racial. Some of it comes from those with political points to make being boorish boo-birds on the internet.

Very nice post, Doc. Like you, my family is slowly becoming multi-racial. I think a lot of families out there are.

Very nice post, Doc. Like you, my family is slowly becoming multi-racial. I think a lot of families out there are.

Yup.

Wife is Korean.

Daughter is Korean/white.

Cousin is Navajo/white.

Another cousin's daughter is Hispanic/white.

Not so fast...

I think we crossed this boundary with electing the President and it is my opinion that an LGBT winner would've been a lot bolder and more representative of the movements going on throughout America. If this pageant were not a business, then they might take actual risks, Beautiful, planing for medical school and daughter of a Doctor, this does not reflect any challenges in America.