Apple offering 'last compatible version' of iOS apps for older hard

Apple offering 'last compatible version' of iOS apps for older hardware

ioscompatiblewtrmk.jpg

With iOS 7 arriving tomorrow, Apple is extending some love to the owners of older iOS devices that have been left behind. New compatibility features, first spotted onReddit, will now kick into action if you attempt to download an app that is not supported by your current firmware. Instead, the company now asks if you'd like to install the last compatible version, which, for some apps, can be over a year old. We've successfully installed an older version of Instagram to an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.3.3 and Twitter to an iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2.1. Although Instagram was "out of date," the last compatible version of Twitter (featured above) was version 4.3.2, and hit the App Store back on August 18th, 2012. If you're feeling nostalgic and you've got an aging iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that could use a bit of exercise, Apple's latest tweak might teach your old device some new tricks.

Source: Engadget

It is about time.. People give Apple a lot of crap.. but they have a long EOL on the phones compared to most.. 

Yeah, I'm a WP7 user and MS basically told us to go screw ourselves before the new WP8 devices even hit the shelves.

This is an awesome feature. I have an ipod touch 2nd gen 64mb that still in great conidition and finding apps, or trying to re-download apps I had after there were updated have been a pain.