• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

I want to play a "identify this camera" game...

Arceles    402

There is a recent trend to discriminate users according to their preferences on camera, basically if it's Nikon and you have Cannon you are doomed (I haven't heard to much of that here, but other places is... bad~), let's not mention other camera brands. So I came with the following idea... let's see how good is people at differencing cameras by using the photos taken from them....

Without further ado, here are the photos, note that the last two were taken with absolutely no light, only aperture priority and 3.0 exposition.... and a lot of time (I could hear the shutter retracting after like 20 secs or something)

Ah, forgot to mention, EXIF has been modified.

.... Some tags were not properly removed, going to see what to do in there.... Done, now I can upload them again....

0lcc.jpg

nttv.jpg

t16g.jpg

8vf2.jpg

ShadowLight    0

Ok, where are photos? :)

Arceles    402

Sorry about that... EXIF still had some traces about what camera was, I removed now all those traces :)

ShadowLight    0

Ok, I'm asking just to be clear, you have both Nikon and Canon cameras and we have to guess each picture is either Nikon or Canon, right?

ShadowLight    0

Nevermind, all of these photos are taken from Canon brand camera IMO. May be 70D? Right?

Arceles    402

Wrong models, try again! :D I won't say too much, this is getting funnier as it is! :D

ShadowLight    0

Wrong models, try again! :D I won't say too much, this is getting funnier as it is! :D

By telling "Wrong Models" what do you mean exactly? :D

Is brand correct? It is hard to differentiate model due to type of lens may have dramatic effect on output? :)

Arceles    402

Well it's brand, yeah, but it's not limited to only two brands :)

xplatinum    63

Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 ?

Arceles    402

Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 ?

Are you really really certain that it's a Sony camera?

xplatinum    63

The question is : is it a Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 ?

Arceles    402

The question is : is it a Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 ?

Nope, it isn't. I have the photo of the camera for everybody to see the culprit :D, the Cannon 70D was an awesome comparison ^^

Phouchg    2,048

iPhone 5S? /troll

xplatinum    63

Nope, it isn't. I have the photo of the camera for everybody to see the culprit :D, the Cannon 70D was an awesome comparison ^^

OK... then can you find me other cameras that uses the same lens as yours ? Carl Zeiss 10.4-37.1 mm f/1.8-4.9.

Arceles    402

iPhone 5S? /troll

It's a way out of any cellphone league camera.....

123456789A    4,710

Gameboy Camera?

xplatinum    63

Deep inside your exif data was the lens information. So the camera you pull out better match it :)

Arceles    402

OK... then can you find me other cameras that uses the same lens as yours ? Carl Zeiss 10.4-37.1 mm f/1.8-4.9.

Like I said, I can upload straight away the camera in question, and you are going to get a surprise. It indeed you tell me that the lens of the camera defines the brand, then I'll upload the photo, if it doesn't, then you will understand that what I wanted to achieve is the comparisons made against DSLRs... rendering brand discrimination... let's say, completely nonsensical. So you tell me, should I do it or should I let the comparisons continue?

ShadowLight    0

Eos 7D?

Arceles    402

Gameboy Camera?

?hm.... this is no black and white photo.

Arceles    402

Eos 7D?

Sadly no but like I said, the comparisons are awesome :D

xplatinum    63

I did not say that the lens defines the brand. I said that when you search for that particular lens, the RX100 is the only camera that comes out of the search.

I think you should give the answer because trying to figure out a camera solely based on the image quality IS nonsense.

ShadowLight    0

Ok, I gave up then. :D Dunno which camera it is. 

Phouchg    2,048

It's a way out of any cellphone league camera.....

sKnkOzK.jpg

Why so Syrious?

Arceles    402

Well, here it is for everybody :D, thanks for the guesses, they were really great, I must admit though that judging only on image it's a bit more difficult, that's what I wanted to achieve here... so like I said xplatinum, here it is:

9w5q.jpg

Please excuse camera quality, this photo comes from the logitech C920 :), as you can see xplatinum, the camera it's actually based on a RX100 M2, not only RX100, differences are on the sensor, which is a back illuminated one (and according to marketing it allows for 40% more light), so indeed you were quite close. RX100, RX100 M2 and the QX100 all of them share the same lens and sensor size though :)

That's all folks! I hope you liked this little experiment ^^