SSD Boot time

Make sure AHCI is enabled on your drive thats a biggy but you do realise that the SSD's speed at loading up an OS in NOT in its read write speed???? its in its seek time. normal HD's are like 7ms and SSD is like less then 0.1ms thats what loads an OS up fast. Finding, searching and executing tons of small files really fast. dont get into the whole speed game becuase unless your loading games/app off your SSD youll never see an internal wiorte speed that high. Your highest speed is limited to the jhighest bit of low tech ou have

OK, well AHCI is enabled on all SATA channels in the BIOS I also have the latest AHCI drivers installed and in Samsung's  Drive Magician software it reports both my drives have AHCI enabled and the one my OS is on is optimized for an OS. Is there anything else I can look at?

OK, well AHCI is enabled on all SATA channels in the BIOS I also have the latest AHCI drivers installed and in Samsung's  Drive Magician software it reports both my drives have AHCI enabled and the one my OS is on is optimized for an OS. Is there anything else I can look at?

depends... what other tricks can ya drive do? can it pop a rabbit out of your hat with drive magician?... if not theres prolly not much else you can do lol

depends... what other tricks can ya drive do? can it pop a rabbit out of your hat with drive magician?... if not theres prolly not much else you can do lol

heh, actually I never tried the rabbit thing, I will let you know!

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So I am getting a good performance boost from the latest Intel RST drivers, but, do I need the client and/or the service running all the time? I know it does monitoring and I can change the LPM setting through it but can't I just set the service to manual and run it when wanted if the monitoring feature is not a big deal to me?

Thanks,