Here

It's actually better when you don't customize it, as in AOSP over Touchwiz or Sense or that junk. But Android is better because you CAN customize it, not because you have to.

Even with AOSP you do HAVE to customize it. the keyboard for example is terrible. But iOs keyboard isn't really any better, it's just that swiftkey is better.

in general it's hard to find an android phone with good hardware and good software though, that doesn't require you messing with it and customizing it forever. as an android user you end up spending more time messing with it than using it. 

Even with AOSP you do HAVE to customize it. the keyboard for example is terrible. But iOs keyboard isn't really any better, it's just that swiftkey is better.

in general it's hard to find an android phone with good hardware and good software though, that doesn't require you messing with it and customizing it forever. as an android user you end up spending more time messing with it than using it. 

You absolutely do not. :laugh: The stock Android keyboard is fantastic. What issue do you have with it? I find it to be one of the fastest and most responsive keyboards, plus they added the Swype like ability to it for people that prefer that. I prefer Swiftkey personally, but sometimes I'll go weeks forgetting to install it because the stock keyboard is great now. Previously I would have disagreed, but as of... I think ICS or so it's been great.

I've been amazed at how much going to Google Play Edition on my One has kept me happy. I haven't flashed another ROM in months which is incredibly rare for me.

Impossible would be my choice of words.

According to the article itself, it does.

Agawi notes that several factors could come into play when testing latency, such as touchscreen hardware and different methods of coding. Regardless, the iPhone is likely the most responsive phone on the market, although with so much new hardware on the way from every phone company around the globe, the margin may start shrink soon.

No, what they're talking about is the drivers (software) that interface with the touch screen. 

it's a general delay in touch response. 

You absolutely do not. :laugh: The stock Android keyboard is fantastic. I've been amazed at how much going to Google Play Edition on my One has kept me happy. I haven't flashed another ROM in months which is incredibly rare for me.

no it's really horrible. what's even more horrible is that it keeps activating itself on my phone. and when it does it, it tends to deactivate my Swiftkey as well, so I have to go to settings and unheck the android crap and recheck swiftkey, can't uncheck xperia keyboard though... Maybe when I find a decent Xperia S rom that isn't either to bloated or a total graphical mess. 

For me, the most annoying things about the iOS keyboard is that lowercase letters are shown in uppercase and you can't long press the top row of letters to get numbers.

I have recently switched to using TouchPal X on my Nexus 4 and am liking it more than the Google, Swype and SwiftKey keyboards so far due to the swipe down word prediction feature.

Impossible would be my choice of words.

Sony makes good hardware, and actually does a pretty good job of optimizing the android OS and drivers to give good performance and little lag despite lower specs than the spec ###### brands. 

Sony makes good hardware, and actually does a pretty good job of optimizing the android OS and drivers to give good performance and little lag despite lower specs than the spec ###### brands. 

Yup, my sisters xperia Z feels much more snappy than my s4 in most scenarios ( both stock by the way)

I find it far easier to type on the large screen on my Note 2 than on the tiny little iPhone screens. iPhone might be better then a similarly sized Android phone but they don't make them that tiny anymore.

Please explain this to my s4, it does not understand this logic.  iphone 4, about one issue per paragraph, S4 1-2 errors per sentence, it is much worse with the stock keyboard, I am using swiftkey which isn't much better than swype.

no it's really horrible. what's even more horrible is that it keeps activating itself on my phone. and when it does it, it tends to deactivate my Swiftkey as well, so I have to go to settings and unheck the android crap and recheck swiftkey, can't uncheck xperia keyboard though... Maybe when I find a decent Xperia S rom that isn't either to bloated or a total graphical mess. 

Whatever you say. :laugh: You are the first person I've ever heard dislike the current AOSP keyboard. I've never had any issue at all with it. Sounds like you're got some nice bugs on your phone.

Yup, my sisters xperia Z feels much more snappy than my s4 in most scenarios ( both stock by the way)

Please explain this to my s4, it does not understand this logic.  iphone 4, about one issue per paragraph, S4 1-2 errors per sentence, it is much worse with the stock keyboard, I am using swiftkey which isn't much better than swype.

And people wonder why I suggested the One over the S4 so much. Samsung has garbage software. It's bloated and laggy and causes issues all over the place, all for what, a few stupid gimmicks like waving your hand to move through pictures like touching the screen with your finger is so hard. HTC's recent phones have been consistently better than Samsung's. But they don't run funny commercials picking on Apple so that people buy their products to "stick it to their friends".

Really? I have no issues with the default keyboard on the s4 ( Also mind you, stock touchwiz is based on swiftkey for the s4), it always get what word, heck it dynamically switches from english to spanish without any issue 

Whatever you say. :laugh: You are the first person I've ever heard dislike the current AOSP keyboard. I've never had any issue at all with it. Sounds like you're got some nice bugs on your phone.

And people wonder why I suggested the One over the S4 so much. Samsung has garbage software. It's bloated and laggy and causes issues all over the place, all for what, a few stupid gimmicks like waving your hand to move through pictures like touching the screen with your finger is so hard. HTC's recent phones have been consistently better than Samsung's. But they don't run funny commercials picking on Apple so that people buy their products to "stick it to their friends".

Well, microSD slot did it for me :/ at the moment going from 16gb to 32gb (when I was buying) was $100, whilst a 32gb microsd cost me $15... so

the non touch scrolling is actually useful on the S4.

say you're following a recipe and baking something, you don't want to be touching the screen with hands full of dough. the nod scolling is pretty useless though. 

say you're following a recipe and baking something, you don't want to be touching the screen with hands full of dough. the nod scolling is pretty useless though. 

Yeah i've actually used that, for that exact same situation! Cooking Cinnamon rolls! Nod scrolling, meh...

Really? I have no issues with the default keyboard on the s4 ( Also mind you, stock touchwiz is based on swiftkey for the s4), it always get what word, heck it dynamically switches from english to spanish without any issue 

Swiftkey is great on bilingual users or users who frequently use two or more languages. 

even though in Norway it's a bit bitchy since "i" is the same as "in" and  it keeps thinking you mean "I"

except I don't have to type on my Droid because I can use smart touch and just move my finger to the letters of the words, which 90% of the time I don't have to complete because the auto correct actually works... lol

Swiftkey is great on bilingual users or users who frequently use two or more languages. 

Yup, whilst I was on iOS it was aggravating as hell having to switch between languages took soooooooooo long, like 4 clicks... CLick to access keyboard, click to select keyboard, then click to return to  writing. then on 4.x they added a shortcurt to switch in between languages, but it still required clicking :P

Well, microSD slot did it for me  :/ at the moment going from 16gb to 32gb (when I was buying) was $100, whilst a 32gb microsd cost me $15... so

Well, I do find it dumb that HTC won't put a microSD card slot on the phone. I understand the non-removable battery, but it wouldn't be hard to have a side loading microSD card, or a tray like the SIM. In fact, why not a tray that you put a microSD and a SIM in. At least they gave it an extra 16GB for the price. I can't really use more than 32 GB on my phone though.

Well I'm sure you can find a case where any of the features COULD be useful. But how often is that and all the other features actually useful combined? Is it worth the added bloat and lag? I'll just wipe my hand off on the rare occasions where they might be dirty and need to scroll. Samsung is headed down the same road HTC did when Android was new. They keep adding features and adding features and adding features, and sure, they are useful once or twice, but overall you probably rarely use most of them and yet they are there adding to the bloat constantly. I dunno, for me it's not worth it.

• Like 1

that has nothing to do with this though. 

I just saw MART and went with that :(

Either way, I have beef with typing on Android (and no, not comparing it to iPhone as I haven't and don't use it).

here I am typ in g in tg re sti c k s4 keyboard. Ad you cab easily see the smount of errors on it.

Here I xam typing on rtf he swype keyboard, much less errors but errors sre still there.

Here I am typing on the soft key keyboard. There are even get issues but there are still some flags with it.

Well, I do find it dumb that HTC won't put a microSD card slot on the phone. I understand the non-removable battery, but it wouldn't be hard to have a side loading microSD card, or a tray like the SIM. In fact, why not a tray that you put a microSD and a SIM in. At least they gave it an extra 16GB for the price. I can't really use more than 32 GB on my phone though.

Yeah really I was sooo excited with the HTC one realease, but then the no microsd slot was a big no.. I don't use more than the 32, but again:

HTC one 16gb = $549  / $689 for the unlocked 32gb version

Samsung S4 16gb  $600    + $15 bucks of microsd

At the time I was buying so anyway... 

here I am typ in g in tg re sti c k s4 keyboard. Ad you cab easily see the smount of errors on it.

Here I xam typing on rtf he swype keyboard, much less errors but errors sre still there.

Here I am typing on the soft key keyboard. There are even get issues but there are still some flags with it.

That was stock s4 keyboard, followed by swype, followed by swiftkey, if you couldn't make it out. The pos is near useless to me, I am now on my computer typing this which is a bit more accurate (I use all of my fingers to type with).

The last sentence was supposed to read

Here I am typing on the swiftkey keyboard.  There are even less issues but there are still some flaws with it.

After that I think I am going back to swype.