Here

here I am typ in g in tg re sti c k s4 keyboard. Ad you cab easily see the smount of errors on it.

Here I xam typing on rtf he swype keyboard, much less errors but errors sre still there.

Here I am typing on the soft key keyboard. There are even get issues but there are still some flags with it.

Wow man, that's pretty bad, like I said, I type in both spanish and english and the stock keyboard get's it right every time, it even learned  like "dat" and other "internetisms" :P

Do you have autoreplace on? Because those are some seriously bad results. Maybe you can reset to stock and teach it again? (from my point of view having swiftkey AND stock (which is based on swiftkey) is redudant and MAYBE(big maybe) could be the issue?)

Yeah really I was sooo excited with the HTC one realease, but then the no microsd slot was a big no.. I don't use more than the 32, but again:

HTC one 16gb = $549  / $689 for the unlocked 32gb version

Samsung S4 16gb  $600    + $15 bucks of microsd

At the time I was buying so anyway... 

Unless it's from a different market perhaps, the One doesn't come in a 16 GB version. Just 32 and 64.

Edit: Hmm... searching I found a few listings for a 16GB on ebay. They only sell 32/64 in the US market though.

Unless it's from a different market perhaps, the One doesn't come in a 16 GB version. Just 32 and 64.

No no my bad, I mixed up ideas, but the issue was HTC did cost more at the moment ( from their webpage so it was probably the 32gb version).  That was one issue, then there's the audiophile in me, which doesn't agree that the SoC matches the dedicated dac of the Exynos version.

No no my bad, I mixed up ideas, but the issue was HTC did cost more at the moment.  That was one issue, then there's the audiophile in me, which doesn't agree that the SoC matches the dedicated dac of the Exynos version.

The audiophile in me wants my Galaxy S 1 back. :laugh:

• Like 1

Wow man, that's pretty bad, like I said, I type in both spanish and english and the stock keyboard get's it right every time, it even learned  like "dat" and other "internetisms" :p

Do you have autoreplace on? Because those are some seriously bad results. Maybe you can reset to stock and teach it again? (from my point of view having swiftkey AND stock (which is based on swiftkey) is redudant and MAYBE(big maybe) could be the issue?)

predictive text is on.

predictive text is on.

Well like I said, try to reset everything, because man, I would've probably returned my s4 if the keyboard was as crazy   (Written from S4, "as" should've been "that". eg that crazy)

Well like I said, try to reset everything, because man, I would've probably returned my s4 if the keyboard was as crazy   (Written from S4, "as" should've been "that". eg that crazy)

1/2 tempted to sell the crap.  It is just about useless to me.  Believe me, I have never had as many issues with the apple keyboard as I do with any of these.  I am not trying to be a fanboy about it (I really hate apple as a whole) but the keyboard is ridiculously accurate.

1/2 tempted to sell the crap.  It is just about useless to me.  Believe me, I have never had as many issues with the apple keyboard as I do with any of these.  I am not trying to be a fanboy about it (I really hate apple as a whole) but the keyboard is ridiculously accurate.

Ah well, hope you figure it out mate, because you do have one weird issue. Maybe try emailing swype and/or swiftkey?

swiftkey for me is near flawless, but I also make sure to use the suggestions, but usually I don't have to. I also let it learn form emails, sms and I believe facebook is a setting ?, no twitter though since I don't really use it. 

I must admit that while I love my S4, the autocorrect is horrible to the point of being non-existent. I could have sworn I was missing some setting somewhere, but after looking around several times I see that everything is switched on, my phone just decides that what I typed was obviously what I wanted to type. Things like "th8s" instead of "this."

I must admit that while I love my S4, the autocorrect is horrible to the point of being non-existent. I could have sworn I was missing some setting somewhere, but after looking around several times I see that everything is switched on, my phone just decides that what I typed was obviously what I wanted to type. Things like "th8s" instead of "this."

autocorrect?

nlike the Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3, the Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn?t come with the auto-correct feature which allows users to correct their mistakes when they?re typing messages, sending emails or doing whatever that involves using keyboard. The said feature saves a lot of time as a simple tap will correct your mistake and you can continue writing your message. So, if you?re one of many disappointed users of this device, here?s something that will help you enable the auto-correct feature on your Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone.

Read more at http://theunlockr.com/2013/06/24/how-to-enable-auto-correct-on-the-samsung-galaxy-s4/#KulqosxAsBmFM1cU.99 

Auto replace?

That article states replacing the 4.2.2 for the jellybean 4.1 which apparently did have autocorrect.

autocorrect?

Well I feel like a bit of an idiot now. Thanks a lot for the information, very useful. Now just to turn off the haptic feedback and somehow reduce the size back to what it was and I'll be a happy bunny. But don't worry, I'm pretty sure I can handle that myself. :p

EDIT: Haptic feedback gone, now for the key spacing...

Well I feel like a bit of an idiot now. Thanks a lot for the information, very useful. Now just to turn off the haptic feedback and somehow reduce the size back to what it was and I'll be a happy bunny. But don't worry, I'm pretty sure I can handle that myself. :p

EDIT: Haptic feedback gone, now for the key spacing...

what do you mean thank? Modify my star rating to 5 ASAP!!!!    Key spacing? you can change that? :P where?

Man you have no idea I HATE haptic feedback with all my guts...

Key spacing? you can change that? :p where?

I'm not sure if you can change it, but the spaces between the keys isn't what it was on the default keyboard. Aside from that though, I'm very happy with the replacement. (Y)

I could type much more efficient (faster) on any of my Android phones than I could any on any iPod Touch/iPhone. For starters, keyboard choice and flow like features (Swiftkey Flow, Stock Android keyboard, Swype, HTC Stock keyboard, etc). Secondly, most Android phones have bigger screens, which makes it drastically easier. I also find iOS auto prediction to be bad, and just not accurate

Another thought... Swiftkey has a heatmap that lets you see exactly where you press and can help you learn which keys you are missing and why. You can find it in the usage stats. Swiftkey uses this data to adjust how it responds to your key presses which is why it gets better over time and adjusts to your particular typing style. If Swiftkey isn't perfect for you at first, give it a little time to learn where you are pressing in relation to the keys. For example, I can see on my heatmap that I hit the P key fairly low and to the left. Most of the rest are pretty close to center except that one.

Here's a screenshot of mine:

hkFxYxql.png

i found it the opposite  when i had my iphone i hated the keyboard  i on my htc one  i have been using an app called swiftkey hands down the best keyboard i have ever used 

been using it since beta and each release gets better and better 

I find typing on the Nexus 4 a zillion times more comfortable than on the iphone. the Nexus 4 Keyboard has imo the perfect size and is very responsive.

but the article is right. most android phones suck when typing. can drive you mad easily. same for the new Blackberry z10. i dont find that responsive at all compared to the Nexus 4.

I'm calling BS on this article.  I have multiple androids, my wife has an iPod Touch 4th gen.  Typing on that thing seriously sucks compared to ALL of the androids I have.

Yeah, well the article itself is true enough, however chances are that you don't notice the max 100ms difference in typing and that the keyboard quality has more impact on your typing than an imperceptible touch detection delay. 

What I wonder though, are perhaps the slower displays more accurate ? they only mention touch latency, not accuracy on the touch presses.