Judge Slaps Mom With 2-Year Spanking Ban

yep, the concept are titled: Traumatizing your child to teach'em how to behaves, and its works.

The similar method also used by farmers against their livestocks, like horses, sheeps, or cows.

You clearly don't have children.

You try explaining to a 2 year old that running out into the street is dangerous, or that trying to drink from the bleach bottle will hurt them, or the countless other deadly things in this world that can very quickly hurt, maim or kill them.

Maybe after their funeral you'll realise that toddlers cannot be reasoned with and that -sometimes-, the only way to keep them safe is with negative reinforcement.

• Like 3

You clearly don't have children.

You try explaining to a 2 year old that running out into the street is dangerous, or that trying to drink from the bleach bottle will hurt them, or the countless other deadly things in this world that can very quickly hurt, maim or kill them.

Maybe after their funeral you'll realise that toddlers cannot be reasoned with and that -sometimes-, the only way to keep them safe is with negative reinforcement.

Thankfully, They don't need to meet their funeral, they my in-laws' child.

and as I said before, the method is working.

But as they grow up, they became fearful of me. They obey me but simply because they fear me.

My in-laws told me: "Whenever i came to visit, their children became obedient."

Seriously I do not know how to respond to it, human children are not supposed to be a livestocks, are they?

Thankfully, They don't need to meet their funeral, they my in-laws' child.

and as I said before, the method is working.

But as they grow up, they became fearful of me. They obey me but simply because they fear me.

My in-laws told me: "Whenever i came to visit, their children became obedient."

Seriously I do not know how to respond to it, human children are not supposed to be a livestocks, are they?

My children only ever got spanked when they were small and when they endangered themselves.  It was only ever 1 single smack, on the bottom (not bare) and accompanied with a very sharp "NO! BAD!"  They learned very quickly that some things were bad and stopped doing it.  I haven't needed to smack either of my kids since they were 4 and they're good and polite kids who don't get into trouble at school.  

They're not perfect, they're not angels. They're typical kids who squabble and all sorts and get either grounded or privileges revoked. That's the -right- to punish someone who you can reason with, but toddlers just don't understand reason and you have to keep them safe somehow.

Spanking with hand - I'm split over this, but think it may be reasonable in some cases.

Spanking with a belt is just cruel and unnecessary. 

I agree.  Anyone using a weapon like a belt or a switch to "punish" a child is an abusive scum.  A sharp slap on the bum, enough to cause an ouch and a few tears, are more than enough to make the child realise they did wrong.  The key is to be consistent, and once the crying stops, to THEN tell them why it's bad and provide hugs.

I was even told a story several times about how my grandmother would make her kids go get a branch off a tree for her to use in spanking them. If they got one that was to small they would have to go get another one and it would be much worse.

My mom actually did that sometimes. 

• Like 2